Where's Club Galen?

Started by Ꙭ, Sat 05/01/2019 17:43:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Ꙭ

edited out by request

edited short in:
There has been a mentioning of #clubgalen at irc.clubgalen.com placed on the AGS community site for many years. It'll be kind if that link would be put back.

Galen

Hmm, sounds like a cool place full of handsome people.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

hi there

Jack

It's just like TMA says. I've been there. All they talk about is ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ.

Galen

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sat 05/01/2019 18:03:25
what the hell is this?  A newly created far right ags community?
So you needed to create a group that felt comfortable with each other in making a sport out of De-huminising other people

You're reading a lot into one single member choosing to support widespread protests in their AGS forum profile. The leap from 'supports fuel tax protestors' to 'far right fanatic bent on dehumanising others' is extreme enough without you then applying it to a channel they're merely a member of and labelling us a hate group. It's just the chatroom from Adventure Game Archives splintered off now that that site has died, nothing more. Let alone the spectacular niché that an Adventure Game Studio far-right hate IRC channel would be.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

hi there again

Ꙭ

Thanks for putting the blame on me, @Tacho Magnetic Anomaly.

I gonna ask a moderator to take a quick look into the entire discussion and decide who's the crazy person here, me - or you.

Jack

Quote from: Friendly Explorer on Sat 05/01/2019 22:00:06
and decide who's the crazy person here, me - or you.

After a dozen personas and hundreds of deleted posts, we'll finally get the answer.

Ꙭ

I have a good feeling this time.  :smiley:

EDIT:
Moderator Reply regarding the accusation of founding a far right hate chat group making a sport in De-huminising others:
"It appears to have been addressed in the thread with Galen's correction."

Dualnames

We're all NAZIs and talk about abusing people. lol who is spreading these rumors, it's just a bunch of people typing about cats and making fun of galen.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

your protest of accusation is invalidated by the fact you have now not just modified your original post, changed avatar and nick slogan, but completely re-written any original reference of your original post, no doubt specifically designed to make my reaction look worse then it actually was.

Therefore I will also delete any previous conversions I created in response until the original post is returned intact, undoctored.

whether or not this irc chan is what it is, your original post certainly didn't put it a good light.  If you take on an ambassador role for said chan at least start with not trying to device people on what you original said by re-writing it to tailor it to gain support from my "accusation".

tbh, I'm not sure which is worst, your original post, or the fact you think re-writing it completely 3 times(perhaps more) to make others look bad is OK.

I am done with this thread, best of luck with it alll

Snarky

<Reluctant mod hat>

OK, that's enough.

The original post was open to all sorts of interpretations, but TMA, you were informed pretty quickly that Club Galen is not "a newly created far right ags community", and you could and should have walked back that comment. And we can all make up our own minds about people's motives, there's no need for these accusations, which skirt forum rules. Don't get carried away by nicotine withdrawal.

At the same time, it's true that forum members should use caution and careful judgment when editing past posts in a thread, precisely because it can easily be taken for an attempt to manipulate the record to make yourself look good or others look bad. Edits should be as minimal as possible: if you no longer stand by something, it's almost always better to strike it out or put it behind a spoiler than delete it completely. Or just think twice in the first place before posting something you're gonna want to take back. "Friendly Explorer": show better judgment in the future (but the same goes for everyone).

LimpingFish

"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Jack

Is there a newly created far right AGS community?

Gurok

This is so funny because everyone knows #clubgalen is full of pinkos.

The official #ags is the go-to destination for fair and balanced conversation. One thing we will never discuss, however, is the yellow vest protests. Tax protests are basically akin to genocide.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Jack

I don't go to #AGS any more because Russian hackers congregate there around their leader, Babar.

qptain Nemo

Someone in #cg asked me to inquire if any kind of decision or official response has been made by the site / forum staff regarding removal of the mention of Club Galen from the community section. I've been told that an inquiry into this has been promised to Amy in private communication.

Jack

It now trolls from beyond the grave.

Was Amelie really banned, or is it another lie?

Snarky

I don't know about an inquiry, but I agreed to forward her request to the moderators, which I did.

As it turns out, the link was removed in the course of the site update because AGA judged that Club Galen isn't so AGS-related that it makes sense to link it "officially", but more of a hangout space for a relatively small group of friends. After Amy raised the issue, a few moderators who've been active on Club Galen weighed in, and supported the evaluation. If that impression is wrong, and Club Galen is full of discussion about AGS, games made in AGS, or the AGS community, perhaps it could be reconsidered.

It's of course perfectly fine to have a thread for it in the forums, put it in your user profiles, make a Wiki page for it, etc., the way other community things that are more social in nature (like Mittens) are represented.

And yes, the "Friendly Explorer" account (only) has been banned, in the first instance as a duplicate user account in contravention of earlier moderator warnings against spawning new accounts.

cat

@qptain Nemo:
There is still this thread:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=49257.0

I don't think a general mention of Club Galen is a problem, but this thread here got too many edited and/or aggressive posts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk