Problem with customized Cutscene skip

Started by rmonic79, Sun 13/01/2019 01:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

Hi guys i'm havin a little problem and after a few tries i'm on empasse.
I have a cutscene where people walk and talk and i'd like to allow skipping it after 2-3 second of mouse down click.
The problem is that  timer doesn't work in RepExec,  neither change room and callroomscript cause the scene is in blocking, so i have to use repeatedly_execute_always where i can't use on_call and room change.
How can i manage this?

Cassiebsg

uhm, I'm not quite understanding the problem...

But if you have a cutscene that you want to allow be skipped after 2-3 secs. I'm going to assume that you know exactly  where that is in your cutscene, so nothing stoping you from putting a StartCutscene(...), there.

Let's say you want to put allow skipping after the first line is spoken...

Code: ags

function SomeCutScene()
{
  Npc.Say("blabla blah blah...");
  StartCutscene(eSkipMouseClick); // I normally use ESConly, to avoid accidental clicks... 
  player.Say("but blah blaeh bligh");
  Npc.Say("blabla blah blah!!!!");
  EndCutscene();
}

I would do it like this, unless you want something entirely...

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

rmonic79

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 13/01/2019 02:16:30

But if you have a cutscene that you want to allow be skipped after 2-3 secs. I'm going to assume that you know exactly  where that is in your cutscene, so nothing stoping you from putting a StartCutscene(...), there.

No it's not that the problem, i don't wanna use internal function and i don't need that it became skippable after some time, it could be skippable anytime keeping mouse button down for 2-3 seconds.
This is an entire animated and talked cutscene, the code about delay works fine, but , i can't claim change room or on_call when the timer is gone cause it's all in blocking.

A solution could be do all with non blocking stuff but it could be really a pain, like walk in background, when arrive certain position other char say something background, a variable change  and a timer start... etc so i wonder if there's' a simple solution that i don't realize yet :)

Khris

Quote from: rmonic79 on Sun 13/01/2019 02:51:20i don't wanna use internal function
Why not though? It is specifically intended for that exact purpose.

If you want advice on how to best do this without the internal functions, you should at least tell us why you don't want to use them. Because if the reason is bad, your approach is completely wrong and we're all going to waste a lot of time and effort.

Snarky

I think he means that what he wants is something different: A cutscene that you can skip (at any time) by holding down the mouse button for 2-3 seconds.

rmonic79

Quote from: Khris on Sun 13/01/2019 15:02:51
Why not though? It is specifically intended for that exact purpose.

Perhaps the right word would have been “i can't”, at least in my experience with the function, sorry.

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 13/01/2019 15:07:18
I think he means that what he wants is something different: A cutscene that you can skip (at any time) by holding down the mouse button for 2-3 seconds.
Yes, exactly.

rmonic79

To make an example like porting of full throttle and day of the tentacle remasetered on mobile device (i don't know if it's the same on pc).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk