Error When Game Is Run

Started by Lord Ed, Sun 13/01/2019 20:55:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Ed

Hello, I've recently had an error when I tried running my game today. I keep getting this screen whenever I try to run my game: https://i.imgur.com/u6SizqN.png
I'm sure somebody can help me, I'm kind of lost. :undecided:

Crimson Wizard

Did this happen just all out of the sudden, or you were adding some content to your game when this happened?
Could you remember the last thing you did (like adding objects to the room or writing script)?

Will it work if you start in another room?

Lord Ed

I was adding a new room background and then I ran the game and this happened. I have no scripts written, just a custom sprite and background. I also have only one room and one main starting character.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Lord Ed on Mon 14/01/2019 00:05:08
I was adding a new room background and then I ran the game and this happened. I have no scripts written, just a custom sprite and background. I also have only one room and one main starting character.

The error is strange, I can't imagine how this may occur in practice.
Since this is just a new game you've started, could you send me the game project files? That would be fastest way to diagnose the problem.

ManicMatt

I'm curious, what did you save the image as that you imported as your background?

For instance, PNG.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ManicMatt on Thu 17/01/2019 13:10:02
I'm curious, what did you save the image as that you imported as your background?

AGS brings everything to same format (BMP) during the import. If this was related to format then imho the error would occur in the editor rather than the game itself.

PS. we talked in PM about Lord Ed sending me a game source, and I am currently waiting...

UPD: actually Manic Matt reminded me I never asked what color depth your game and room backgrounds have. Usually having mismatching room backgrounds may cause some issues (not sure if this particular error though).

Amir

I want to help but I dont know how. If u still have the problem with the room, i have a suggestion. Try to delete the last room that u imported but from the folder of ur game (roomx.asc and roomx.crm) then open AGS and try to import the room again, or try to run ur game after the deleting.
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk