What's in the box?

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 14/01/2019 15:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Guess the object, if you're correct post one for us to guess and so on.
Rules may change as we progress..

Here's a guess (try to be as precise as possible):

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

is it a crucible of some kind?  Cant make out the scale of it, perhaps one for creating toy lead soldiers or fantasy pieces?

AnasAbdin

It's a little smaller than your usual coffee cup  ;-D

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

umm, im stumped ...   hows about a hint! is this related to preparing food/consumables in anyway?   is that thing at the bottom a hollow spout or a solid protrusion of some kind (hard to tell form the photo)

AnasAbdin

It's not related to food or consumables. The spout is not hollow. This was used for fun.

Jack

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

ok this is going to be a wild guess, but based on the background image you used, the fact you said it was used for fun, the seemingly burnt looking innards, and its seemingly vintage age.

Is it a retainer to safely ignite gun powder, perhaps it was used by people to trigger fireworks/powder or something,  the protrusion being an end to attach a stick/handle for safe distance?

a wild guess though heh

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Um, sorry to jump again, Jack gave me the idea its possibly a die roller?  er.. a thing you put dice into then shake?

selmiak

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Mon 14/01/2019 21:59:10
Um, sorry to jump again, Jack gave me the idea its possibly a die roller?  er.. a thing you put dice into then shake?

haha correct! your turn  ;)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

lol.. ah didn't honestly think it was that,  nice.. ok here is the next one

For some the function of this might be obvious,  however I am looking for its specific historical application too,  I shall dispense some hints if people are struggling.

Gilbert

It actually looks like a BB-8.  :=

selmiak

some gyroscope like thing?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

yes,  but from where?

Here is a hint,  some of them where ""delivered""  to some cites in England, much to England's displeasure at the time.

EDIT: hehe, indeed Gilbert, has a striking resemblance to BB-8 :D

Jack

Ordnance dropped from aircraft?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

hint:  Doodlebug's younger brother

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

it was a gyro from a v2 rocket
over to you selmiak

selmiak

huh, so what is this then?
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/XFLgOzR.jpg[/imgzoom]

dayowlron

that is a wind walking machine. I saw a video with that. its pretty cool how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LewVEF2B_pM
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk