What's in the box?

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 14/01/2019 15:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

it is, dayowlron is next!

dayowlron

I saw that a few months back and just thought it was so neat and inventive. This one looks similar but has a totally different use.

[imgzoom]https://i.postimg.cc/FHQLcbjN/smm264.png[/imgzoom]
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

AnasAbdin

Hey I know this! The dude fills it with marbles and spins it to play music! Music marble instrument thingy?

dayowlron

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 17/01/2019 21:33:23
Hey I know this! The dude fills it with marbles and spins it to play music! Music marble instrument thingy?
sorry for the late response but correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

AnasAbdin

amazing!
here's a new guess:
I'll reveal more if no one was able to guess  :P

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

um, looks like a serial port on the top there,  i see a volume slider, and 3 small holes on the device itself, perhaps this is an old audio sampler for computers that can also record voices?

selmiak

or maybe some wahwah pedal or something like that...

AnasAbdin

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

is the device related to some sort of voice activation function, such as security?

AnasAbdin

Jack

External soundcard, or some fidelity enhancer?

Galen

The three dots at the top look like they could be a microphone. It resembles some kind of pedal. But the knob looks more like some kind of gain rather than volume given the symbols. It also looks like it maybe has a VGA port.

So some kind of handheld magnifier or scanner?

selmiak

a USB hub? Some Signal converter?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

is it a thing to give an electric shock

AnasAbdin

selmiak

So it is some kind of signal converter.
Audio to bits+bytes?
a pocket transformer?
DC to AC? (to CD?)

why do you censor so much, I post a black image next and you have to guess what it could be :P

Galen

Looks vaguely like a composite/s-video/rca to vga convertor https://rukminim1.flixcart.com/image/832/832/jj0bbm80/selector-box/e/6/z/smacc-av-to-vga-composite-video-tv-vga-s-video-composite-rca-av-original-imaf6ghhhutcm3et.jpeg?q=70 but definitely only vaguely.

So... 'CD', and two ports that look like they could be 3.5mm. So possibly some kind of audio convertor with a strange output. Not any kind of phono amp. Still think that looks like a vga.

Maybe... audio to video (i.e. spectograph/waveform?)? Something for splitting a combined video/audio input into VGA and 3.5mm?

AnasAbdin

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 21/01/2019 07:25:57
So it is some kind of signal converter.
Audio to bits+bytes?
a pocket transformer?
DC to AC? (to CD?)

Quote from: Galen on Mon 21/01/2019 16:18:22
Still think that looks like a vga.
Maybe... audio to video (i.e. spectograph/waveform?)? Something for splitting a combined video/audio input into VGA and 3.5mm?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

related to ethernet by any chance?

AnasAbdin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk