What's in the box?

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 14/01/2019 15:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

nope cassie, im afraid now, you are still some distance away from the correct answer

hint  ;)

Jack

Is that a hint I detect? Is it a device used for measuring distance by dropping a small item every so often? How many beans am I from correct?

josiah1221

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

koos got it

"An odometer, that is, a device for measuring distance. This is an old design, improved by Leonardo Da Vinici. As you rolled along, a peg would turn the upper wheel at a set distance. When the upper wheel turned a complete rotation, a ball would drop into a box. Walk the distance of whatever you're measuring, and you can count the balls to know how far it is. "

selmiak

It's Jack's favourite sex toy!

or just a ball bearing...

Jack

The image basically tells you what it does, but I'll add another hint.

It's not a ball bearing but it is the same inventor as the ball bearing, and a lot of other things.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

a thing to regular heat/cooling in a water pipe

Jack

No.

Here's an image that even mores tells what it does.

Jack

So what it is is a type of transmission which smoothly goes from underdrive to overdrive, invented by Leonardo da Vinci. Our materials tech tree is still not developed enough to completely replace step-type gear transmissions in high torque applications like cars, but there is a company that makes these for bicycles and some other uses. It's quite revolutionary.

Ein video.

Next turn to whoever can come up with something easier.

AnasAbdin

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Galen

A tub for camera film?

AnasAbdin

no it's not even close.

Jack

A Jar of cream?

Or is it upside down?

Galen

So 'tub' is far off, but either 'box' or 'pills' is close?

The worlds most intimidating suppository? :P

selmiak

The foot of the couch it is placed on?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk