Error when trying to "Add Game"

Started by , Sat 19/01/2019 03:51:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TeitakuCoubri

I tried to add my game "Sane Shack", and first time it told me I can only put numbers to the filesize field, so it wiped everything I had written and I had to start that hard work all over again. Agh. Couldn't there be more user-friendly way to give me error, like not LETTING me put anything else than numbers there, not wiping all the stuff I painstakingly wrote?

Also, when I finally did it all over again from scratch, I got this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/ags/html/images/games/2319_1.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ags/html/pages/game.php on line 2426

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpcvl8tH' to '/home/ags/html/images/games/2319_1.png' in /home/ags/html/pages/game.php on line 2426
Could not save file as : /home/ags/html/images/games/2319_1.png.Database query G.37.10 error:
Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'threadGiP' at row 1

Now, I don't know if it added the game or not, and I have no idea what the problem is. Is the screenshot-PNG too large? Did it work, but I just have to reupload the image?

This could be a bit more user-friendly and informative, so AT EAST the user would know what happened, and how to fix it. As it is now, I don't even know what the problem is. Uploading a game should be an easy and quick thing to do, not like this.

Here is the link to the game forum page:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56814.0

I hope this can be resolved. Thanks.

AGA

That was a technical error, which isn't expected to be visible to users.  It should work for you now.  I'll work on improving the input validation.

TeitakuCoubri

Thank you.

I tried again, and got this:

Database query G.37.10 error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'threadGiP' at row 1

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

AGA

Sorry about this.

I think I've fixed any potential issues with storing the data now.  Just to check though, were you trying to enter something in the Games in Production thread ID field?  If so, what?  Other people have added games recently, so trying to work out what's different in your case!

TeitakuCoubri

Ok, now it seemed to work, THANK YOU so much for the patience and help and hard work.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2319/

You have been most kind, and I really appreciate your help. Finally I got the game added, now I an start waiting for someone to want to script my full, 40-room (or 50) game that's going to be the same style and same kind, just different rooms, puzzles and story (and perhaps more chars).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk