MAGGIES 2018 (Voting closed!)

Started by MAGS Host, Wed 23/01/2019 08:10:21

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGS Host

It's MAGGIES time again. A chance for us to skim the cream of the past twelve months of MAGS games and decide which cream is the best out of all the creams. If only there was a neat little French phrase for that image. As you can tell, I'm positively creaming myself over 2018's crop of MAGS games.

You will notice there are 14 entries this year. That's because we had joint winners in both May and September.

Feel free to discuss the games in this thread, but try to refrain from sharing your exact votes. It would be nice to keep some element of surprise in the final announcement.

How to vote

1) Play as many games as you can (preferably all of them)
2) Decide on your top three games and assign them a position, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
3) Complete this short form. It should only take a minute or two.
Voting ends: February 25th (This may change depending on timing of AGS Awards)

Points will be awarded to each title depending on the position you give them (1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 1 point).
The winner will be announced at the AGS Awards.

January
"Misunderstood Motives"
Fallen Hero

by Slasher and Cassie
February
"Mix ‘n' Match"
Wilfred:2088
by HanaIndiana
March
"Three's a Crowd"
Frightfest: Dracula vs Frankenstein vs The Mummy
by Slasher
April
"Sequels, Prequels and Reboots, Oh My!"
Slay the Dragon II
by TGames
May
"Rats"
Commando Raid
by fernewelten
May
"Rats"
Echo in the Clouds
by Hobo, Selmiak, Myshkin and Pinback
June
"Ice"
Don't Ice Your Cool
by Hobo
July
"Shocking"
The Shaft
by Kastchey
August
"Censorship"
Cyborg Seppuku
by TheOuterZone
September
"Mermaids and Sirens"
Jason and the Golden Apple
by Slasher
September
"Mermaids and Sirens"
Here Be No Sirens
by Kastchey
October
"Miniature"
Dr. Chuckles' miniature world of madness
by Slasher and Mikeg
November
"Scarecrows"
Black Friday
by Danvzare
December
"Christmas"
Cornelius Cat in: How the Cat Saved Christmas
by cat

Here is that submission form again.

MAGS Host

Everything should be fine with the links and form etc. but if you do come across something that needs fixing please let me know.
Happy voting everyone.

Tabata

Quote from: MAGS Host on Wed 23/01/2019 08:16:34
Everything should be fine with the links and form etc. ...
Works like a charm 

... I just had the problem to have five favorites from the MAGS-games - lots of cool stuff done in 2018

cat

I have only played five of the games yet. It's time to play the others as well!

Stupot

Votes have started trickling in now (5 so far - thanks to those people). No need to rush at this point but I'll be bumping every 7 days or so to remind everyone. Can we beat last year's number of 22 voters?

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Hobo

What a great bunch of games again this year. Played them all and made my choices.
And thank you, Mr MAGS Host, for both hosting the competition and running the MAGGIES.

selmiak

Kastchey

I have finally managed to play the remaining entries and added my votes to the pool.
It wasn't easy to choose just three!

Stupot

Time for another bump. We're into the back-end of the voting period and could do with more votes. Now is the best time, before the AGS Awards voting starts up. Thanks :-)

cat

Voted! Some great games this year :)

Stupot

Okay, voting is officially closed and we have a winner.

Thanks again to everyone who took part in MAGS throughout 2018, whether that be making a game, playing the entries or voting on the games. Extra thanks goes out to those of you who took time out to rate and comment on the games' official AGS pages as well.

The winner of MAGGIES will be announced as part of the AGS Awards, so do look out for that.

A word on MAGS. Most people should know by now but some people are still finding out. The rule against using pre-made assets is now a thing of the past. You may use sprites, backgrounds, code and whatever else that you or others have made before. This was changed to encourage more people to make a MAGS. So don't let your perceived lack of skill in any particular area get in the way of your dream. Also, we're really trying to encourage teamwork. We've seen some great partnerships and team efforts in the past year and hope to see many more in 2019.

So please give it a go. And if you can't that's okay too but you can still help by playing the games, voting, or just joining the thread and giving encouragement to the participants. Every little helps.

Right. Now, go and vote for the AGS Awards while you still have time!

Mandle

Oh crap, I voted a few hours too late. Sorry, very busy these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk