What was your favourite game of MAGS February

New Kid Gotta Steal Somethin' by Durq and VampireWombat
5 (41.7%)
Thrymly Disguised by Blondbraid & Cassiebsg
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Fri 15/03/2019 13:26:58

VampireWombat

Well, I guess that means that all the work I put in was for nothing.
Enjoy a sprite I made for the game.

Guess I can put all of my focus into my own game now...

cat

How sad - that sprite looks beautiful!

DBoyWheeler

Yeah, I'll try again in a future MAGS--next time I'll have to do it myself so I don't unintentionally stress out possible teammates.

Kastchey

I don't think you necessarily *have to* do the thing all by yourself next time, DBoy. If you're worried that your potential team member might be disappointed, it should be fine just to ask them in advance if they'd be ok with you dropping out in case you couldn't finish.

30 days is a demanding deadline, it's not uncommon that people give up on their MAGS attempts.

VampireWombat

Or at least give the person you're working with a chance to suggest a compromise before you publicly drop out.

As for the future, I'd be willing to convert the sprites I made to be able to be used with other backgrounds.

cat

How is everyone doing so far? Remember, February is a short month  ;)

Cassiebsg

Yes, very short... not done yet, but getting there.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

Look! A three headed lemur!

Yeah, I agreed to help someone else with graphics and haven't actually progressed with my game at all. The good news is that I've learned enough this month to know I have enough time to make all the graphics needed. The bad news is that I still haven't figured out the design for the alien...

Stupot

Three days left, folks.
You can do it!

Durq

I'm close to being finished. I'm really appreciating VampireWombat's graphics work.

VampireWombat

Well, I just created a title screen and difficulty screen, both in an attractive default gray.
Today is the day I begin actual work for my game.

Cassiebsg

We're on track.  (nod)
Only some few minor details (and proofreading) is now missing.  :-D

Durq

In New Kid Gotta Steal Somethin', Logan gets bullied into stealing a costume from a theater-actor's house.

Art and animation by VampireWombat.

Download at https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2331/

Feedback and bug reports are welcome.

VampireWombat

I fear I am simply too exhausted to finish my game by the deadline. My legacy must live on through Durq's game.

Cassiebsg

Posting now, I'll let BlondBraid post a formal entry later... just want to make sure we meet the deadline.  (nod)

Thrymly Disguised by Blondbraid & Cassiebsg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ohiha72azgrg39/Thrymly_Disguised_v1.01.zip/file

EDIT: Small BUG, fixing it. don't download now please Fixed. If you have downloaded the file before 0:30 GMT, please re-download!
Sorry about it, I should have tested it before uploading...  :-[

EDIT 2: Letter bug fixed. Replaced link with version 1.01

Stupot

Just the two this month. Oh well, that still counts as a competition. Thanks to everyone who took part, even if you didn't manage to finish your entry. Look out for the voting poll very soon.

Cassiebsg

Mandle just found a small bug in the game. So I'll be fixing it with v1.01 after lunch.
Make sure you read the letter before doing anything else...  (laugh) ;)

Edit: version 1.01 is now up.  :)

Stupot

Time to vote.
Please use the poll above.

New Kid Gotta Steal Somethin
by Durq and VampireWombat

Thrymly Disguised
by Blondbraid & Cassiebsg

Please let me know if I've missed anything. Cheers.

cat

Played and voted! I like how you both interpreted the theme differently but really funny.

Spoiler
The character sprites are great and the costume hilarious but the backgrounds felt a bit empty. The puzzles were mostly trial and error for me. It felt a bit unfinished.
[close]

Thrymly Disguised
Spoiler
Great graphics and hilarious costume. The puzzle with the lock was actually quite difficult but I liked that. In the carriage scene I was not sure if I should collect the small birds or not. It was clever that I had to use my weapon to slay the dragon. It's a pity that it was a bit rough around the edges with missing interaction responses. The voice acting added to the fun. The screen with the hammer that was shown between scenes was great.
[close]

Regarding both games:
Spoiler
I thought it was a funny coincidence that both games had scenes where you could die with auto-save.
[close]

I voted for
Spoiler
Thrymly Disguised
[close]

Durq

Quote from: cat on Fri 08/03/2019 21:09:44
Played and voted! I like how you both interpreted the theme differently but really funny.

Spoiler
The character sprites are great and the costume hilarious but the backgrounds felt a bit empty. The puzzles were mostly trial and error for me. It felt a bit unfinished.
[close]

Thrymly Disguised
Spoiler
Great graphics and hilarious costume. The puzzle with the lock was actually quite difficult but I liked that. In the carriage scene I was not sure if I should collect the small birds or not. It was clever that I had to use my weapon to slay the dragon. It's a pity that it was a bit rough around the edges with missing interaction responses. The voice acting added to the fun. The screen with the hammer that was shown between scenes was great.
[close]

Regarding both games:
Spoiler
I thought it was a funny coincidence that both games had scenes where you could die with auto-save.
[close]

I voted for
Spoiler
Thrymly Disguised
[close]

Thanks so much for the feedback, cat. Which puzzles did you need to use trial and error to pass?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk