Assistance for MAGS Feb. 2019

Started by DBoyWheeler, Fri 01/02/2019 11:41:21

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

Searching for background artist and a spriter/animator for MAGS project.

Pending title for the game is "The Conifer Skunks: Thyra's Fancy Search".

Here is a reference of the characters: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8mrfKNDBFhRNv2s6A

So I'm seeking someone who's good at doing sprites of anthro characters.  The animations are just the basic walk, talk, and also reaching out to get/take items.  Preferably the style of a 1980's cartoon.

Also, need to find a good background artist.  Including the objects and such.  Preferably the style of a 1980's cartoon.

Further details will be discussed as they develop.

VampireWombat

Why 1980s cartoons? Why not 1990s? That's when the majority I can think of with anthro characters were thanks to the Disney Afternoon. Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Gummi Bears...

If no one else is interested, I can see what I can do.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 01/02/2019 13:07:18
Why 1980s cartoons? Why not 1990s? That's when the majority I can think of with anthro characters were thanks to the Disney Afternoon. Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Gummi Bears...

If no one else is interested, I can see what I can do.

I'm sure Gummi Bears and Ducktales first debuted in the mid 1980's.

As for other 80's cartoon shows, how about stuff like The Raccoons?

So... I'll also make a rough map of the rooms to explore.  Maybe someone could also throw in some fun ideas for puzzles for getting the articles of clothing that Thyra needs?  (I do plan to include a clothes changing screen, similar to that one in "The Dagger of Amon Ra", behind which Laura Bow changed her clothes.)

VampireWombat

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Fri 01/02/2019 15:44:36
I'm sure Gummi Bears and Ducktales first debuted in the mid 1980's.

As for other 80's cartoon shows, how about stuff like The Raccoons?

So... I'll also make a rough map of the rooms to explore.  Maybe someone could also throw in some fun ideas for puzzles for getting the articles of clothing that Thyra needs?  (I do plan to include a clothes changing screen, similar to that one in "The Dagger of Amon Ra", behind which Laura Bow changed her clothes.)
I suppose that's true. But Tiny Toon Adventures was in the 90s and did at least have one regular skunk.
I am less familiar with the style of The Raccoons since it's been longer since I've seen it.
I think I can pull off something between Tiny Toon Adventures and one of the Disney Afternoon shows. Anything different and I think you'd need to find someone else.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 01/02/2019 16:38:37
I suppose that's true. But Tiny Toon Adventures was in the 90s and did at least have one regular skunk.
I am less familiar with the style of The Raccoons since it's been longer since I've seen it.
I think I can pull off something between Tiny Toon Adventures and one of the Disney Afternoon shows. Anything different and I think you'd need to find someone else.

Understandable--so perhaps in the style of the Disney afternoon shows.  Almost like Gummi Bears, but in modern times, and with skunk characters.  (laugh) I'll send a PM to talk more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk