Giving bad AGS games the MST3k treatment!

Started by DBoyWheeler, Sun 03/02/2019 00:16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I just had this funny idea...

Someone should record their playing of a game in our archives that is a Joke Game or otherwise a really bad game (that deserves its bad rating, but still playable)...

And then give the recording the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment!

Mandle

I totally agree that you should do this! I would subscribe, hit the notification bell, and watch and like every episode!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 03/02/2019 15:41:27
I totally agree that you should do this! I would subscribe, hit the notification bell, and watch and like every episode!

Now we just need someone to record themselves playing it, and then someone else to do the MSTing.

Mandle

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 03/02/2019 22:19:13

Now we just need someone to record themselves playing it, and then someone else to do the MSTing.
Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 03/02/2019 22:19:13

So, you're not doing any of that?

Funding it then?

DBoyWheeler

Well, I guess I could be one of the characters.

VampireWombat

Good luck with this. Riffing isn't as easy it as it seems. I tried it a couple of times when I did puppetry on BlogTV forever ago. Of course it was done live and with people over Skype.
The keys are that what you're riffing needs to be the right level of bad and the people who do the riffing need to actually be funny and have some sort of chemistry.

LimpingFish

Plus, it's different making fun of a movie made by a studio and a game made by a single person. It might be hard to avoid having that person take it personally, as watching a video of someone laughing at your hard work might prove a little upsetting.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk