where can I find templates?

Started by croquetasesina, Mon 04/02/2019 10:04:21

Previous topic - Next topic

croquetasesina

Hello everybody!

Someone can tell me where can I find templates for AGS?

Thanks

PS: what is the answer for the captcha question: Are you a human, or a robot? ?????

Khris

What exactly are you looking for? AGS comes with several templates.

Amir

QuotePS: what is the answer for the captcha question: Are you a human, or a robot? ?????

If u r a robot, the answer is a robot and if u r a human, the answer is a human. So what r u?  :smiley:
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Crimson Wizard

For the reference, default AGS templates that come with most recent stable release may be found here: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags-templates/tree/master/Templates

croquetasesina

Amir, always have problems with the answer: human :/

I'm looking for Broken Sword template and Monkey Island 3 template too.

Do you know where can I find it?

Thanks at all!

Amir

QuoteAmir, always have problems with the answer: human :/

a human  ;-D
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

croquetasesina

That's true  :cry: haha Thank you!

VampireWombat

Quote from: croquetasesina on Tue 05/02/2019 10:07:19
I'm looking for Broken Sword template and Monkey Island 3 template too.
As far as I know there isn't a Broken Sword template. I've seen threads asking about how to make one, but haven't actually seen a completed template. As for the Monkey Island 3 one, that's the Verb Coin template.
You should be able to find templates under the Modules & Plugins section, by the way.

Crimson Wizard

How was Broken Sword played? I found this reference chart, is that it? https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Broken_Sword:_The_Shadow_of_the_Templars/Controls

If that's correct, this is Left-click = interact / Right-click = examine. Which corresponds to LW BASS template.

Both "Verb Coin" and "LW BASS" templates are part of standard AGS installation, if you have it you don't need to search anymore else.

Snarky

If I remember correctly, Broken Sword also had a contextual cursor, which would change to indicate what type of action it would perform when clicked. Even though it doesn't actually change the actual use of the controls, it is a slight refinement to the LW BASS UI. Should be easy enough to implement, for example with a custom property you set with the desired cursor index, or using the (old?) LucasArts template way of tagging the description with the default interaction mode.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk