Author Topic: AGS 3.5.0 - Beta 7 (new upcoming version)  (Read 7536 times)

Re: AGS 3.5.0 - Beta 7 (new upcoming version)
« Reply #180 on: 16 Sep 2019, 11:37 »
It was never in the manual, the templates on the manual are the ones that have been there for historical reasons. Do you have a link to a README or other type of manual you can point to be added there? This 9verb text needs to be replaced for the tumbleweed template and a text describing it. Maybe it's interesting to add screenshots for each too.

The templates in AGS comes from here. :)

Edit: I think I found tumbleweed docs, but I need help to get this in a single markdown page to be placed in the manual.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2019, 13:51 by eri0o »

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • still mowing the lawn
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #181 on: 16 Sep 2019, 14:08 »
I'm also not too happy with the .rst file format. The only reason I used sphinx and .rst was that I could compile a chm file. Yet I still don't know, what the incomplete community version of the manual is :P

« Reply #182 on: 16 Sep 2019, 14:31 »
Sorry, I mixed up rtf and rst, I can take a look on this tonight.

Edit: @abstauber, I added in the ags-manual/wiki/Tumbleweed.md, I just need to fix some small details before linking it in the new template entry on the manual. I added a brief mention of your name and the template license at the top, please tell me what you think about it. Notice you can also edit it on GitHub.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:46 by eri0o »

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • still mowing the lawn
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #183 on: Today at 10:34 »
I think, it's amazing  :-D Did you convert it all by hand? And this should also be provided within the template file?
Nontheless this is way better than the .rst files. So I'd say - as long as I can edit the new Tumbleweed.md , there's no need to maintain seperate manual files in my repo.

« Reply #184 on: Today at 12:16 »
I used Pandoc for doing the conversion, and manually fixed the links. I think maintaining it in it's repo too is good, even if you do it in this Markdown format. Please check if I accidentally removed anything.

The wiki should be editable by you when you click the edit button while logged on GitHub.  :)
« Last Edit: Today at 12:19 by eri0o »