Astral Horizon

Started by Two Tales, Sat 03/03/2018 13:24:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dactylopus

Your portraits are amazing!

CaptainD

Not sure I like the Gungan style speech but everything else looks absolutely brilliant!!  8-)

Two Tales

Quote from: dactylopus on Fri 27/04/2018 13:27:40
Your portraits are amazing!
Most of the portraits are from a downloadable portraits assets pack. I've just done some minor editing and recolouring to suit my needs.

dactylopus

Quote from: Two Tales on Fri 27/04/2018 16:28:28
Most of the portraits are from a downloadable portraits assets pack. I've just done some minor editing and recolouring to suit my needs.
Well they are certainly appealing!

Jim Reed

I don't have much to comment I'm just waiting for this to come out.

Two Tales

After detecting an unknown signal from a nearby planet you land to take a closer look.
This also reveals one of the ships available to the player.
I should probably mention that all screens are a work in progress and subject to change/modifications.

Two Tales

I haven't done an update for a while so I'm going to waffle for a bit about controlling a ship.
I have a feeling that it might be a bit of a steep learning curve for some new players as there is quite a lot to take in so I've decided to add an in-flight manual to the ships computer.
All cockpits have the same basic layout with differences between them being mainly cosmetic. It would be waaaay to much work to make each ship's interior completely different.

The ship is steered using the keyboard, leaving the mouse cursor free to operate the various dash controls.

All four of the screens at the bottom are interactive.
Screen 1 does not display anything in cockpit view but when clicked on will bring up the galaxy map, the registry that displays your current objectives and cargo and also reputations.
Screen 2 displays (in cockpit view) message alerts for example; Incoming message or fuel level low. Clicking on the screen will bring up the ships status screen that shows any damage, fuel level, additional components that the player has bought for the ship etc. In addition you can also go to any messages that you have received while in flight.
Screen 3: When the target on the heads up display is aligned with a point of interest it will display on the data screen in cockpit view. Then screen 3 can be clicked on to bring up additional information regarding the object. This could be a planet, station, asteroid etc.
Screen4 does not display anything in cockpit view but when clicked on will bring up the pilot profile, in-flight manual and options menu.

The ships computer also has a voice that will say messages like warning, prepare for hyperdrive, incoming message etc.
The voice can be changed in the options to suit the players preference.

Click'd

The font looks cool but it's hard to read. Especially when it touches the white pixels, er, stars.

Two Tales

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Tue 18/09/2018 20:42:27
The font looks cool but it's hard to read. Especially when it touches the white pixels, er, stars.

That's just the first font that was set in paint when I wrote over the screenshot. Must of been the last font I used :-D

Two Tales

Talking to the local bartender or checking newsboards are good ways to find useful information.

Two Tales

Playing as a scavenger is a viable way of making money. There are plenty of locations that can be searched for loot.

Scrap and other items can be found floating around space that can be scooped up and sold for a few credits.

Life commitments have slowed progress for the last few months but I'm still working on it!

Arcangel

More and more remember me Privateer or Wing Commander and I love those game. Really like play your game Excellent work.

AnasAbdin

Kweepa

I concuuuuuuuuuuuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGnnnnnnn
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Jack

*slips on something when coming into the thread*

tanito0

This looks nice, I'm looking forward to exploring it!
Pixelado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk