FPS or number of frames of a character and soccer game with AGS

Started by Filipe, Wed 13/02/2019 22:42:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipe

Hello,

I was wondering, how many frames would you expert guys advise, to animate the main character? Is 25 frames for each loop too many? It is the number of frames of video. I know, roger, or cEco, has about 16 frames...

Also, do you think it is viable to do a simple soccer game with AGS? Not a real soccer game, but a kind of subbuteo soccer, as mini game to insert into the main AGS game? If I programme it elsewhere, it is possible to include into the main game? Like if the player was playing pac-man, or invaders, in the arcades?

Khris

If you set the character's AnimationSpeed down to 1, AGS will use one view frame for each game frame. AGS uses 40 FPS per default though. Maybe set AnimationSpeed to 2 and use 20 frames?
Roger / cEgo has 8 frames per direction*.

A subbuteo soccer game is perfectly possible with AGS. Running non-AGS exe files mid-game not so much.

*Edit: Nonsense; I looked at my custom Roger based on the "generic man" walkcycle. The AGS default Roger has more frames.

Filipe

Thanks Khris :)
How many frames/sprites do you use on your games for the main character, per loop?

Do you remember this game? The Riddle of Master lu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqztTeXkU0)? From the 90s, with live actors? Is not my perfect point-and a click game, and i prefer cartoons,  but It is very difficult for me to draw  sprites :(

Is there any example of a soccer game, done by AGS that you know of, hat I can see?

Slasher

Regarding walking frames it will depend on how the character walks.. It could be very simple or quite complex..The walking could be basic at say about 8 frames and for more detail it could be over 14 frames.... It depends.

And I have indeed made an auto football game with ags.. Though not released yet...

Filipe

Looking forward to see your soccer game :)

So for a fluid game, 14 FPS is more than enough, right? I wonder, how many frames has these new point and click games, such as Thimbleweed Park, and such? Is 25 frames too much?!??!

I'm starting my game now, and I don't want to have to add more frames later, that's why it is important for me to concentrate on a number...
Do you know the game Slasher? The Riddle of MAster LU? Or this one, Dark Seed, it was also photorealistic... Maybe I'm too old for you guys :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzaqILiI9o

Slasher

Olleh19

Quote from: Filipe on Thu 14/02/2019 10:35:17
Looking forward to see your soccer game :)

So for a fluid game, 14 FPS is more than enough, right? I wonder, how many frames has these new point and click games, such as Thimbleweed Park, and such? Is 25 frames too much?!??!

I'm starting my game now, and I don't want to have to add more frames later, that's why it is important for me to concentrate on a number...
Do you know the game Slasher? The Riddle of MAster LU? Or this one, Dark Seed, it was also photorealistic... Maybe I'm too old for you guys :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzaqILiI9o

On their blogpost you can see the sheriff of the town and he seems to have 8 in all walking directions but you don't know if that is "final".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk