Finding an audience?

Started by Glenjamin, Tue 12/02/2019 18:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

To be fair, they do suggest an amount. On the other hand, you can often get the stuff for free, not many games there have a minimum price above zero. But these are mostly on the lower end, and I feel I'd get judged if I don't pay more, or something. I'm just no haggler. I'm a child of supermarkets (figuratively), not bazaars.

SilverSpook

If you do list the game on Itch, and you're intending to make money, it may be a good idea to set a definite price. Then people can still tip you if they want, I suppose.

A free game might get you a lot of attention especially if it's something small and short. But again, unless you're a huge name like Wadjet Eye or Ron Gilbert, you're going to have to put extra effort into creating a real *need* to play your game over the hundreds of others coming out every day. Or get extra lucky!

Stupot

Quote from: C.L.I.C.K. on Tue 19/02/2019 18:47:12
I have a problem with itch.io's "pay what you think it's worth" pricing model.
I don't see it as ‘pay what you think it's worth,' I see it as it's actually named, ‘pay what you want.'

That could include, how much you can afford, how much of a cheapskate you are, how much you think you're actually going to play it once it's in your library, how much time you have to play it, how much you want to support the dev, how much you feel like getting your credit card out of your wallet which you left upstairs and, yeah, how much you think it's worth. The author has chosen to offer it as PWYW and has done so knowing that the vast vast majority of people will pay zero.

Click'd

Are we going too far off-topic?

milkanannan

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 20/02/2019 10:45:55
how much of a cheapskate you are

In my case the sky's the limit here, my man  (laugh) (kidding)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk