BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III: TIMELINE OF MONKEY ISLAND

Started by spadoni_productions, Sat 16/02/2019 19:51:49

Previous topic - Next topic

spadoni_productions

The Fan Game - Back to the Future Part III: Timeline of Monkey Island

Deep in the Caribbean among stinking pirates, insults, and sword fighting, Marty and Doc go back one more time for their greatest adventure of all. Doc is living in the past, but he's about to be history because the timeline has changed! Marty makes a name for himself. Doc meets his mate, and Tannen meets his Duel.
Daniele Spadoni invite you play at a timeline never seen before, an adventure that will have no end.

Based on characters created by Robert Zemeckis
Bob Gale - Ron Gilbert - Dave Grossman - Tim Schafer

A Daniele Spadoni Production

Pixel Artist - Davide Spadoni

- PLOT -

Marty finally gets the almanac, leaving Biff to crash into a manure truck.
As Doc hovers above in the time machine; Marty burns the almanac, reversing Biff's changes to the timeline.
Then later a portal opens and sucks the car into it before Marty can join him on the time machine.
A few seconds later, a member of the Guild of Weavers appears bringing him a message: "The timeline has changed! Doc was transported back to 1655!" “Largo LaGrande” attempted to save “LeChuck” with a voodoo temporal spell. Wrong target.”
Bobbin Threadbare gives him a map describing where the DeLorean time machine is located.
The Map mentions that located in the DeLorean are instructions on how to repair it, using 1955 components, so that Marty can return to 1985.
Dr. Emmett Brown is shocked to see Marty moments after sending him back to 1985 and he faints outside of the Hill Valley Courthouse.
After they recover the DeLorean inside a cave in the Caribbean, they discover a tombstone bearing Doc's name that states that he died on July 3,1655.
The tombstone also reads that Doc had been “Shot in the back by William "Dogfish" Tannen, over a matter of eighty pieces of eight and was erected for him “By his beloved Carla, the Sword Master of Mêlée Island". Marty decides to go back to 1655 to rescue his comrade.

F7 - Restore game
F5 - Save game
F9 - Quit game

When was this pirate hanged in Jamaica?
Type in your answer: 1655

------------------------------
The Fan Game - Back to the Future Part III: Timeline of Monkey Island and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by LucasArts and Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment. The Fan Game is not endorsed by, sponsored by, not affiliated with LucasArts, Universal Pictures or any other franchise, and is non-commercial Fan-made game intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against LucasArts and Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment Company.

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Commodore1982/photos/a.2179775715623199/2230638630536907/?type=3heater

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrY2XY90kFgQ6OEFgo_shmfH3PhpNDTp/view

Creamy

I started the short game tonight.

I found the first puzzle rather off-putting with its lack of direction and finicky interface.

Then the story went all over the place and I quit. Admittedly, I was probably too tired.

selmiak

it is kind of interesting but I also quit late night. Will start a hints + tips thread though...

SarahLiz

I completed the game, but I have to admit, not without partially watching a walkthrough.  The interface was really clumsy, and the pixel-hunting hotspots in a few areas made me quit twice (until I found said walkthrough).

Although, like most people on these boards, I am a huge, huge 90's Sierra/Lucasarts adventure game junkiâ€"er, fan, this game really WAS all over the place like another poster mentioned.  I do appreciate the throwbacks to the Lucasarts characters & places, but I'm not sure that it really added to the experience of the story.  There were a couple of red herrings (one in particular near the end) that were extremely frustrating. 

I don't mean to sound so negativeâ€"it's a cute game and I love the graphics style, even the ripped-off graphics.  Interesting idea for a game...just needs lots of fine-tuning, imho.  But hey...it's better than I could do and I have no doubt a lot of hard work went into creating it.  Thanks for making it!  ;)

Shadow1000

My comments are similar to SarahLiz:

- I found the interface difficult to use, especially at the beginning
- I was able to get through the puzzles on my own at the beginning of the game but I found myself doing the old "mouse over paint" to find otherwise not-very-visible hotspots
- I found the flow to be all over the place and hard to follow at times.
- Like SarahLiz, I needed to watch the walkthrough for a few of the puzzles that honestly, I would never have solved on my own.

Overall, it was fun and playable and a decent experience.

Mandle

I just played the game through from start to finish in about 3-4 hours.

I did not refer to any hints or walkthroughs and thought most of the puzzles were awesome (the compass one in particular... SCIENCE!!!)

The last puzzle had me confused and I really have to wonder why the decision was made to do it that way, but trial and error won out.

I must say:

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

The connections drawn through the varying scenes from Monkey Island and Back to The Future are INSPIRED!

I really felt like I was in a chapter from both that I have never seen before!

And I love the idea of:

Spoiler
Doc and Marty accelerating up to 88 miles per hour along that long stretch of road on Monkey Island at the end... But I wonder why the maker didn't add the flash and sound effect and fire trails just before the TO BE CONTINUED came up... That would have been perfect!
[close]

The interface is a bit confusing, for example: Some doors need touch and others just walk to... The rowboat needs touch on some screens and walk to on others. Minor issues but could use fixing.

And... the most badass thing in the whole game that put the biggest smile on my face:

Spoiler
Doc Brown as a Ghostbuster firing the proton pack!!! That is pure fan-fiction heaven!!!
[close]

Lovely game by talented people! Thanks for the fun!

Daniele82

This user is not me.
but I am very pleased to share.  (nod)
Video Game Developer / Retro Games
The Pixel art is creativity and does not belong to the past but exists and will exist forever.

SITE : https://danielespadoni82.blogspot.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk