Translating game text into Portuguese

Started by Filipe, Sun 17/02/2019 22:40:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipe

Hello there,

There are approximately 215 to 220 million Portuguese native speakers in the world... So in a way to return the help I'm getting on this forum, if anyone needs help translating their games into Portuguese, please let me know... I can translate English, and french, Italian, Spanish but not German :(

Click'd

How big is the difference between Portuguese Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese? Games tend to state which one they are translated to, and that's the extent of my contact with it.

Cassiebsg

They are different enough for any Portuguese or Brazilian to identify it immediately.
So Filipe, maybe it would be a good idea to specify which version you are offering.  ;-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Khris

Filipe

Thank you Khris, or better, obrigado, or even better Danke :)

I guess Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese is like English, and american English... Brazilian  people speak portuguese, but they also like to invent new words, if you know what I mean... eheeh.  ;)

For instances, here we say "snooker", we use the original English word, but in Brasil they came up with this odd word "Sinuca", which is a kind of how you would spell the word, so the sound match what is written...

Portuguese is a wonderful language... Brazialian Portuguese not so much... I mean, the original is usually better, right? :(

I can help with both :)

Google translator is really bad :(

Cassiebsg

Bem vindo Filipe. :)
Também sou de LX... ou arredores.  ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Filipe on Sun 17/02/2019 22:40:36
Hello there,

There are approximately 215 to 220 million Portuguese native speakers in the world... So in a way to return the help I'm getting on this forum, if anyone needs help translating their games into Portuguese, please let me know... I can translate English, and french, Italian, Spanish but not German :(

That sounds great! I've wanted to have Commissar's Contrapasso translated into more languages, but sadly the large amount of text has made it hard to find people willing to translate it (it's around sixty pages when I tried counting  :-\).

Filipe

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 18/02/2019 22:47:24
Bem vindo Filipe. :)
Também sou de LX... ou arredores.  ;)

Obrigado. Geração Monkey island? Ou Manic miner, zig zag , c64, Atari ST,  amiga, Ponto por ponto ? ;)

Cassiebsg

Filipe

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 19/02/2019 16:37:53
Geração Spectrum 48 e c64 :D
So we must be the same age :) Costumavas ir ao IM/City comprar jogos, nas picoas? É fácilo hoje em dia fazer um jogo de plataformas, tipo Manic Miner? Thanks ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk