Auto-remove timer

Started by Vincent, Mon 18/02/2019 19:31:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Recently I have discovered something weird in Ags which I don't know how to cure at the moment. I am using Ags 3.4.1 P4. Into the General setting I have set the option "Allow speech to be skipped by which event" to be "Mouse, Keyboard or Timer" and Speech style is set to be "Sierra Transparent". Now most of the time everything is working fine but sometimes the auto-remove timer doesn't remove the text and I have to press a button to skip it otherwhise it stay on screen endlessly. Do you know what it could be the reason about this?

Dualnames

The game is paused thats why. Something that pauses the game is the top bar.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Vincent

I forget to mention this into the thread but I was using also voice actors above these sentences. I realize that some of the audio track for a strange reason Ags was running them endlessly. That's the reason why I had to press a button to skip it but doing some modification on the audio track then the text skipped just fine with the auto-remove timer. So in short it was something to do with Speech audio file and how Ags handle them. Thanks Dualnames for answering! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk