Lightweight Bass Stub, LW-BASS prebuilt F5 run window not showing graphics

Started by MrJackAttack, Thu 21/02/2019 03:30:17

Previous topic - Next topic

MrJackAttack

Hi,

I am looking to get into development of point and click style games using this engine, which seems easy to use and fully functioned.

When I go to create a new game, pick LW_Bass_v2 and F5 to run, just to see how the game looks and feels with the pre-built in assets, the window shows up, and it says the game is running, but the graphics are not in the window, it is see through.

When I Press the Blue Cup in the windows task bar to minimize the window, then the graphics show up for a split second. If I click and hold on the same blue cup icon on the task bar when minimizing the graphics show up until I let go of the mouse button, showing a scene of a girl in a room. When I hover my mouse in the window, the mouse disappears, then I will click somewhere in the window, and do the same thing clicking and holding to show the girl in the room again, she will move "float" no animation across the screen, as if the game is running but the graphics are just not showing, unless I do the weird press and hold business. I know this is super hard to explain without pictures so I took some photos to try help explain better.

Is this a problem with that particular pre built scenario, or is it a bug, or could it be an issue with my computer?

I have tried the same with MI verb, default game and coin interface and the games and there graphics all seem to run fine and display in the test window.

I am running AGS 3.40 because I was having error messages (code 0) with the newest build, when I went to F5 "run".

Sorry the images are on a phone
https://imgur.com/a/6zbO8ee

Khris

Try pressing F7 instead. After the compilation, navigate to your Game folder and into the Compiled/Windows folder. Run winsetup.exe and change the graphics driver to whatever the other option is, the click "Save and Run". If this fixes it, you might want to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

And since people are going to want to know: which version of Windows, and what graphics hardware?

morganw

Older versions of this template may have the game configured to use 16 bit graphics, which might not work on a modern computer. If you go to 'General Settings' for the game it is the setting labelled 'Colour depth', and you want to have it set to '32-bit (true-colour)'.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: MrJackAttack on Thu 21/02/2019 03:30:17
I am running AGS 3.40 because I was having error messages (code 0) with the newest build, when I went to F5 "run".

Could you please show the error message? Unless that's a scripting error in older version of template then it's not supposed to happen.

MrJackAttack

Quote from: morganw on Thu 21/02/2019 10:02:37
Older versions of this template may have the game configured to use 16 bit graphics, which might not work on a modern computer. If you go to 'General Settings' for the game it is the setting labelled 'Colour depth', and you want to have it set to '32-bit (true-colour)'.

This, worked!

Thank you very much!

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 21/02/2019 10:08:29
Quote from: MrJackAttack on Thu 21/02/2019 03:30:17

Could you please show the error message? Unless that's a scripting error in older version of template then it's not supposed to happen.

I will re-install it later, and post the error message.

MrJackAttack

Quote from: Khris on Thu 21/02/2019 06:44:51
Try pressing F7 instead. After the compilation, navigate to your Game folder and into the Compiled/Windows folder. Run winsetup.exe and change the graphics driver to whatever the other option is, the click "Save and Run". If this fixes it, you might want to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

And since people are going to want to know: which version of Windows, and what graphics hardware?

I am running Windows 7 64bit and have an Nvidia GT 650M (notebook)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk