[MODULE] Spline Drawing and Spline Based Animation

Started by artium, Sat 23/02/2019 13:45:18

Previous topic - Next topic

artium

This module provides two related functions:

• The ability to draw splines.
  • The ability to create a spline path that can be used for animations.

It can be used creatively for puzzles, complex movement animations, drawing ropes, drawing roller coaster rails etc.
If you have interesting ideas of what can be done with splines or used it in your project, I would be really happy to hear about it :)

Slasher

Monsieur OUXX

I think this is probably more advanced than my older "AGS Bézier Curves". Or maybe it has a different use. Also I'm too lazy to google up the exact difference between Splines and Bezier, which I always forget. For exhastivity's sake : AGS Bézier Curves link

artium

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 27/02/2019 14:19:54
I think this is probably more advanced than my older "AGS Bézier Curves". Or maybe it has a different use. Also I'm too lazy to google up the exact difference between Splines and Bezier, which I always forget. For exhastivity's sake : AGS Bézier Curves link

Hey,

I cant download your module, the download link gives 404.

I think that Bezier curves are more suitable for interactivity, but if you can not see what you are doing in real time, like when setting coordinates in code, then it is quicker to use splines that are passing through the control points.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: artium on Wed 27/02/2019 20:38:46
I cant download your module, the download link gives 404.
Fixed (also, sorry, this is your thread). We never have enough curves modules, and Splines are awesome, so thanks again for publishing this module.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk