Chainsaw Monday

Started by CTxCB, Mon 25/02/2019 01:11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

CTxCB

I've made a short documentary on Chainsaw Monday, the Major Layoffs at Sierra On-Line which happened 20 years ago, on February 22nd, 1999 in Oakhurst, CA and ultimately destroyed the company, albeit slowly and needing another set of layoffs in 2004 to finish off the job! Anyway, its good to remember Sierra... And, its good to know why you shouldn't let somebody else buy out your company, especially if they're fraudulently fiddling with the business statements! ;)

Jack

Nice little video. Never trust a CUC.

Sierra can stay in the bin as far as I'm concerned, or we'll see more weak nonsense like the "Spaceventure" trying to recapture former glory, which was squandered by the people in charge in the first place. The people who made SQ6 should've gone to prison too. There are creators of a full cringe new Larry game still running free as well.

BTW, as of last year, Forbes is out of prison again.

EDIT: If you don't believe me: Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Release Trailer
#fail

CTxCB

Quote from: Jack on Mon 25/02/2019 17:49:27
Nice little video. Never trust a CUC.

Sierra can stay in the bin as far as I'm concerned, or we'll see more weak nonsense like the "Spaceventure" trying to recapture former glory, which was squandered by the people in charge in the first place. The people who made SQ6 should've gone to prison too. There are creators of a full cringe new Larry game still running free as well.

BTW, as of last year, Forbes is out of prison again.
Well, at least the SpaceVenture thing is being made by the Two Guys From Andromeda... If we want to see Sierra continue, we have to keep supporting the developers that made Sierra the driving force it was! And yeah, I know both Shelton and Forbes are now out of prison.

Jack

Quote from: CTxCB on Mon 25/02/2019 17:55:09
Well, at least the SpaceVenture thing is being made by the Two Guys From Andromeda...

Have you seen it though? It's pretty sad, to be honest. And only about 5 years in the making now.

BTW, don't take my opinion as that of the rest of the forum. No one else here added the names from your documentary to a kill list.

TheFrighter

There are creators of a full cringe new Larry game still running free as well.

Are they related to Sierra?

_

CTxCB

Quote from: TheFrighter on Mon 25/02/2019 18:13:43

There are creators of a full cringe new Larry game still running free as well.

Are they related to Sierra?

_

Not even the Leisure Suit Larry IP is related to Sierra anymore, its owned by Codemasters! Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry was made by CrazyBunch and Assemble Entertainment. And honestly, that Leisure Suit Larry game has been the most enjoyable (which didn't have any involvement from Al Lowe) in the series for me! Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude and Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust were horrible games that totally obliterated the genre, style and representation of Leisure Suit Larry for no real reason other than staying "cool".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk