AGS Scripting Help Wanted (Paid)

Started by cdavenport, Wed 13/03/2019 14:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

cdavenport

I need help creating a game mechanic in AGS which is way beyond my skill level, I've experimented with the idea before but I don't believe I could pull off even a hacky version that works by trying to reverse-engineer existing ideas.

Basically I want the player to be able to draw a runic-shape on a hotspot with the mouse, which if correctly drawn then triggers an event (e.g. casts a spell).

The shapes can be fairly crude and simple, so as not to frustrate the player, but the game should be able to recognize the basic characteristics of the shape, even if it's a bit sloppily drawn.

If the shape doesn't match correctly to the specific hotspot, the action would simply default to a failure message.

If the shape matches correctly, then that would trigger an event in the game.

There would be an additional variable, where the runic shape is either KNOWN or UNKNOWN, so the player has to acquire the spell first in the game before it will work.

I'm a solo-dev making a commercial game with AGS, so I couldn't afford a standard industry rate to hire a full-time programmer, but if somebody was interested in scripting a mechanic in AGS which performed this trick and could lend some assistance in implementing it into a game, please private message me with a quote/rate and I'll see if I can afford it.

Thanks, I'm using AGS Editor .NET (Build 3.4.1.13) if that's important to know.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cdavenport

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 13/03/2019 15:43:15
Talk to cat, she made exactly that on her game: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55648.msg636578338#msg636578338  ;)

Thanks for the tip, tried that but they're not available. So still looking for AGS scripter who could write or adapt an existing idea, and would gladly pay as long as it was reasonable and I could afford it.

artium

Few questions, posting this public so that it could help other interested programmers to decide.

• How many gestures are you planing, roughly?
  • Can you draw few examples of gestures you have in mind?
  • Will you be flexible to change some of the gesture if the detection if the final product does not work well with them?
  • Do you need a system to introduce new gestures after the initial work is done?

cdavenport

Quote from: artium on Thu 14/03/2019 20:09:33
Few questions, posting this public so that it could help other interested programmers to decide.

• How many gestures are you planing, roughly?
  • Can you draw few examples of gestures you have in mind?
  • Will you be flexible to change some of the gesture if the detection if the final product does not work well with them?
  • Do you need a system to introduce new gestures after the initial work is done?

Thanks Artium, I may have found some help, but in case that falls through I would be planning for 6 gestures, each representing a different Element in a magic-system. I have not defined the shapes, I'm pretty versatile and inclined to keep them simplistic, to minimize any difficulty with drawing and recognition.  The examples in the Kanji writing game are probably more complex than I would design my own, and I'm happy to collaborate with the programmer in settling on the shapes that will be used. For my purposes, I would only need the six gestures for the game, without the need of introducing anymore. I can pay via Paypal, or I have accounts at a couple of Freelancer sites which many people use for hiring out help or services.

When I fill the position I'll post an update here.

cdavenport

Looks like I found some help position filled.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk