Cutscene: Switch to room without main player, then return

Started by breed3011, Wed 20/03/2019 14:20:33

Previous topic - Next topic

breed3011

Hi, first post here, and I've read the documentation and couldnt find what I was looking for.

I would like to create a specific type of cutscene, similar to those in Monkey Island 2 whenever Guybrush completes a task.  A "meanwhile" cutscene takes you to a different room where Lechuck talks to Largo and Guybrush is not present - then once the scene is complete, the story resumes where Guybrush was.

I suppose the cutscene can begin when the main character enters a room directly following completion of his task- so come conditional login on entering the room after fade in...

But what scripting begins the cutscene, changes the room to a room without the main character, then returns him back where he should have been?

Crimson Wizard

EDIT: lol sorry, I've deleted my previous message by mistake, because I thought it's not what you were asking about, but then restored it back :P

I don't know which part do you have the problem with: making conditions, hiding player character, or else?

In regards to hiding player. In AGS game always follows player character. If you want to hide character, there are three basic methods:
1) Set room property ShowPlayerCharacter to false.
2) Make player character 100% transparent.
3) Set another character as "player" for the time of cutscene using Character.SetAsPlayer(). This may be some of NPCs even, or dummy character with transparent sprites in the view.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk