Abyss Inc (Windows Demo available)

Started by Loslem, Sun 24/03/2019 10:28:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Loslem

Hi Guys, here's something I'm currently working on.

Abyss Inc will be a mystery platformer, with puzzle elements.

You just regained consciousness but can't recall who or where you are.
Set out to explore what has happened to you in this deserted research facility underwater. It's your desire to regain knowledge of your past. For this you will have to gather clues and materials shining some light on your environment.
At this state you will be indoors, it's planned to have exploration areas outside on the bottom of the sea.

As a devleoper I'm just at the beginning. Now I have this stable demo and I need feedback to know if it's going in the right direction - and also to gather new ideas or recommendations to improve the experience.

Get it via GameJolt:

https://gamejolt.com/games/abyssinc/404160

Update: Kumpel found a game-crashing bug, a GUI wasn't confirmable so you would get stuck if it popped up. Fixed now, new build uploaded.
Screenshots and game footage:

- graphics 20%
- puzzles 20%
- scripting 40%
- music/sound 20%

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Matti

Yes, this looks quite interesting! I'll try out the demo soon.

Matti

Hey. Sorry for getting back so late  ;)

I played for a while and I like it. It's a lot of "running" around and I'm still struggling with the level design (remembering where the doors are and where they're leading, where the levers are etc.) Right now I'm a bit stuck:
Spoiler
I got the key from the coat but don't know what it opens.
[close]

The game mechanics work well and the graphics too. I think it has quite some potential and I'll continue the demo soon.

Loslem

Hi Matti,

Thank you so much, as it always is without feedback one struggles to go on. I agree that I have to fine tune the level design in terms of hints and so on.
Thanks for your feedback!

Spoiler
There are two Chests in the same room where you get the key. Try the key on them :)
[close]

Matti

Hm.. I thought I did that, but I'll try again  ;)

eri0o

I thought I had commented here but apparently I didn't (was it on Discord?). Loslem, I liked your game and really wanting to play more. I don't remember if it had gamepad support, but in case it doesn't, Dualnames made a very good new gamepad plugin that appears to work great across platforms.

I really liked when the character falls on the knees, and the story bits. I wonder if you can use distortions to add water at some points in the background to give more animations on the bg to make the scenes more interesting, and still keep the 1 bit look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk