Something Seeps

Started by Bavolis, Mon 25/03/2019 01:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

rongel

That final version looks amazing! Have fun animating it! It would be great to see the animated version here too.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Bavolis

Quote from: rongel on Sun 15/09/2019 18:00:56
That final version looks amazing! Have fun animating it! It would be great to see the animated version here too.

Thanks! I think there's a fun/sanity balancing act with this one, which is appropriate to the subject matter. I'll likely throw it in youtube and link it here when I'm done :)

Wiggy

A fun/sanity balancing act sounds like life, to me anyway. :-D

Bavolis

Working on a style for intro/credits sequences now. The text is placeholder because I'm not obnoxious enough to put in two "game by" screens. Yet.

I used a photo of my wife as a reference for this one. Tear my wife into pieces, this is my title screen:

Incorporated the old short story book covers from the Something Seeps "universe."

Haggis

Your artwork is stunning, I can't imagine how long it takes to perfect each piece without any dip in quality.

Also...
Quote from: TheFrighter on Sun 29/09/2019 17:21:46
Poor wife!  8-0

Concur!

Bavolis

Aiming to get more weird perspective shots in the scene, I realized this one caused Jeremy to look like a tiny gnome. After working in AGS for years and releasing a full game, I just now realized you could increase the scaling above 100%. Duh. I'm trying to mask the distortion a bit through a grungy window, which works pretty well, but may end up just going for a touched-up jumbo sprite set. What do you think?

Matti

Bavolis

Quote from: Matti on Fri 03/01/2020 00:42:08
It looks great!  :)

Thanks! And thanks to Haggis above, too. Somehow I missed your post :)

rongel

Nice to see progress here, the screenshot looks good, very grungy! Definitely a horror game look.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Cassiebsg

I think it looks great as well, and the dirty window makes the fuzzy sprite not look weird.
If you want to touch something, I would only do the hole in the windscreen, since that one should be sharp, and not fuzzy.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bavolis

Thanks folks! As for the hole in the windshield, I think I can live with the flaws peeping through in that one little spot :)

Although I probably *am* picky enough to consider redoing the entire sprite set for 30 pixels of visibility. No... must resist...

Blondbraid

I'll add to the choir and say it looks good, it reminds me of old classic horror games!

Bavolis

Behold, the darkest thread necromancy at the end of a year's worth of plague! I apologize for the lack of updates, but after I did the Knobbly Crook patch/additions, I wasn't sure where I'd go next and I had to convince myself I really wanted to go back to this one. As you can see, I switched Something Seeps over to Unity/Adventure Creator, both because I wanted to learn the tools for other potential projects down the road and I wanted to work in much higher resolutions with a lot more parallax scrolling and fog.

It does seem like I'll still be working in AGS in some form because my daughter wants to start up a new game project of her own and I promised to help teach her my awful way of coding and shameful hackery.

Here's a new HD screenshot! I've already reworked several of the previous rooms and sprites into 1080 hd, but this is a new one.

The following video shows how it now looks in motion, but there is a bit of EXTREME GORE at the end. Something Seeps will celebrate killing you in many horrible ways, but it will not result in Game Over screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38dMt8g8TwY

TheFrighter

This could fits a Clive Barker tale!   8-0
_

Bavolis

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sat 15/05/2021 08:34:24

This could fits a Clive Barker tale!   8-0

Definitely an influence of mine!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk