The Dream of Alnacia - Episode 1

Started by sofiaaq, Sun 31/03/2019 08:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

sofiaaq

Erhm, hi, I don't think I ever said hello here. I'm amazed and a little intimidated at the stuff I've seen in this section, but I'll show you my baby, anyway.

This I'm showing right now is the first section of what's supposed to be a much longer adventure. Still, I'm planning to launch it this year as a very small, but self-contained demo or episode. My idea is to make a nice, character driven story that could be told to children further down the line (most of the full story is already outlined and the character development mechanism is worked out, too). This part I'm showing here is just a small thing, but I'm hopeful the process will speed up as more assets are done and someday the full story will see the light of the day. For now, I have what I hope is a pretty cute, small adventure to show.

The story:
A little girl finds herself in some desert place. This must surely be a dream! Still, the dream doesn't seem to go away on its own, so she must look around for a way to get out of here, or else she will surely die of thirst like in cartoons.

Completion for this section:
Story: 100%
Art - backgrounds: 70%
Art - animation: 40%
Art - GUIs and extras: 40%
Programming: 80%

Music and sound effects are all royalty free things I've been picking up, since I can't make it myself to save my life and the process is slow enough as it is. Art and programming are basically all mine (though I do use some royalty free assets to help myself along, like with the GUIs and the like).

I hope someone likes it and I'll probably update here when this is out!

TheFrighter

Welcome Sofiaaq! The backgruonds looks cool!

_

imsomnia212

The graphics are so beautiful, especially the character one.
I will wait for this!
Are u a tuna?

sofiaaq

Thanks a lot!
Yeah, I made quite an effort to make it pretty. I generally always care more about the story than about graphics of things I play, but I remember being amazed with the feel of playing an animated movie/series when I played The Curse of Monkey Island and I wanted to capture that sort of feeling here. And it's a good excuse to practice animating stuff.

Blondbraid

Hi sofiaaq!
I just wanted to say that your screenshots look awesome and I very much look forward to seeing your finished game!  :)

cat

Wow, looking great! I had a quick look at your deviant art gallery and I like your style. I seems you were inspired by Disney but made your own thing out of it.

We need more games for kids  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk