Personal Rocket - Demo and trailer available!

Started by King Mob, Sun 31/03/2019 17:17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

King Mob

Hi, everyone! We're a little studio called Orbis Tertius, founded by two Argentinian expatriates currently leaving in Europe, and this is our first AGS game.
And a demo and trailer are now available!

Personal Rocket

"Paranoids are not paranoids because they're paranoid, but because they
keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations."

--Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

DOWNLOAD DEMO FOR WINDOWS AND LINUX HERE:
https://lunafromthemoon.itch.io/personal-rocket-demo

The Story, or what the fuss is all about

Six months ago, Cole Fisher was fired from his job as a computer engineer at Cosmic X, a corporation devoted to the betterment of the human race, the pursuit of world peace and eventual space conquest. The reason? He found out what they're really up to. It's quite obvious, you know. They're trying to take over the world.

Since then, Cole has been holed up in his apartment hacking his way through endless labyrinthine connections, gathering as much data as he could to expose the biggest conspiracy in human history.

And now, Cole has had a surreal vision, a religious experience, a close encounter, call it what you like. A Mysterious Messenger has told him it's time to act and bring down Cosmic X once and for all. Or at least that's his take on it.

Personal Rocket is a tale of paranoia and loneliness, the evils of capitalism and too much web surfing, the material world and the Occult universe. Your typical postmodern blues.

The Screenshots, or what it looks like

The Progress, or how far we've come

-Story         80%
-Puzzles      80%
-Art and animation   60%
-Programming      60%
-Music         60%

This will be a medium-length game, and the demo is roughly half of the game.

The Team, or the roles we play

Story and game design by Luna Nemo (lunafromthemoon) and Mariano Falzone (me)
Art , animation and programming by Luna Nemo
Music by lisergishnu and Soft and Furious

You can check out lunafromthemoon's Itch.io page for more wonderful games here: https://lunafromthemoon.itch.io/

We hope you enjoy it! Thank you!

milkanannan

King Mob

Just updated the main post with a trailer and a demo! We hope you like it :grin:

Laura Hunt

"Orbis Tertius"? What about Tlon and Uqbar? ;)

(I know we should stick to English to prevent the forum from descending into Babel-like pandemonium, but I just want to say real quick que aquí tenéis a una fan a muerte de Borges  ;-D )

The trailer looks super cool! I really don't like playing demos though, so I'll be keeping an eye here for the release  :)

King Mob

Muchas gracias!!  :wink:

And yeah, we stole the name from Borges, that mad genius. It also means "third world", so, us coming from Argentina, it seemed fitting  :smiley:

Thanks for your support!

TheFrighter

Just for my curiosity, you are argentino-italiano or argentino-espanol?

King Mob

I'm mostly argentino-italiano, from my father's side, though I believe I have some Spaniard/creole blood from my mother's side.

King Mob

Added the link for the AGS game page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2357/  and you can comment and review the demo there, too, just like user Wiggy did (thanks, Wiggy!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk