Shamrock High School: Graduation by VampireWombat
2 (14.3%)
Heroes of Wyrdale by Jack
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Wed 15/05/2019 05:54:54

Stupot

Voting is over and we have a winner!

Congrats to LostTrainDude for his game, Travelers. Well done to you.

Commiserations to the other three, and an honorable mention to Mandle who was actually leading the votes until the day before voting closed.

TRAVELERS (Prototype)
by LostTrainDude

The Era-Gone Trail
by Mandle

Shamrock High School: Graduation
by VampireWombat

Heroes of Wyrdale
by Jack

Topic: End of an Era
Chosen by: Blondbraid and Cassiebsg
Deadline: April 30th

All things must come to an end. Whether it be the end of an historical era, a geological age or just the leadership of a local authority figure coming to a close in order to make room for something new, the topic of this month will be the end of an era.

Here are some pictures to give you some inspiration.

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see above). Second, create your game fuelled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

* A working download link
* The title of your game
* A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fourteen days and the winner chooses the next month's theme.

Kastchey

Epic! Well thought Blondbraid and Cassie, that's an awesome theme.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 01/04/2019 07:34:21
Epic! Well thought Blondbraid and Cassie, that's an awesome theme.
Thanks! I look forward to see what games you come up with this month!  :)

DBoyWheeler

Cool.  Well, I got a lot going on right now, but good luck to all who enter.

For some reason, I'm kinda thinking of the final boss battle in Sonic Adventure 2.  (Now the song "Live & Learn" is going off in my head.)

But, anyway, good luck to all who enter this one.

cat

With Brexit around, Erdogan's defeat at a communal election and the current Tenno about to abdicate, this topic really hits the zeitgeist.

I don't have time or energy to join this month, but I'm looking forward to play some great entries!

VampireWombat

Huh, this is one of the first themes in awhile to not give me any ideas. Guess I'm more tired than I realized. If someone wants to team up, I can do graphics, some programming, and/or bounce around ideas and such.

Privateer Puddin'

Maaaaaybe in. We'll see! I have to go on holiday later this week.

Kitty Trouble

I don't know what most of these events are by just picture description (except the dinos), are eras limited to just those also?

Probably won't submit, but I usually check the themes just in case

Blondbraid

Quote from: Morgan LeFlay on Sun 07/04/2019 03:00:24
I don't know what most of these events are by just picture description (except the dinos), are eras limited to just those also?

Probably won't submit, but I usually check the themes just in case
The pictures were just meant to be some inspiration, but you don't have to use them.

I want to clarify that anyone participating is free to interpret the theme however they wish,
and I hope to see all participant's different takes on it!

VampireWombat

Just to let people know, someone did contact me to help with a game. Not saying the name since that person hasn't posted in this thread. But it should be an interesting take on the theme.

And if someone is wanting to make a game, but can't do graphics, I can make some Maniac Mansion/TumbleWeed or DoTT/Sam And Max type graphics for you.

HanaIndiana

I'm a solid maybe. I really like the theme, and I have an idea, so it's whether I have time this month to complete something playable. Good luck all!

Mandle

This theme dovetails with my real life so much that it's scary.

I'm shutting down the school I have worked at and run for the last 21 years by the end of this month.

Won't have time to join this MAGS most likely but... Very poignant theme nonetheless for me...

Cassiebsg

Oh, that sounds so awful, Mandle.  :(
Wb anyway, we missed you!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

How sad.  :~(

Anyway, I hope those participating will make good use of the theme!

Kastchey

So sorry to hear that, Mandle. You always talked a lot about your students and the school work so that it was obvious it was more than just another job for you but damn, 21 years...

Riaise

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 16/04/2019 16:48:39
This theme dovetails with my real life so much that it's scary.

I'm shutting down the school I have worked at and run for the last 21 years by the end of this month.

Won't have time to join this MAGS most likely but... Very poignant theme nonetheless for me...

Oh man...best of luck in future endevours...

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

DBoyWheeler

Why do I have the feeling we may not get many (if any) games this time around?

Again, I would've entered, but I'm focusing on another game (non-AGS here) right now.  That and real life is kinda getting in the way.

KyriakosCH

Well, it is (orthodox) Easter this week-end, and i was way too tired from work to try anything...
Might still attempt something, cause i love the theme, but yes, sadly it isn't that likely i will be able to finish it on time :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk