Can I have 1-2 frames between stopping and moving?

Started by bx83, Mon 01/04/2019 07:44:12

Previous topic - Next topic

bx83

At the moment I'm making a levitating robot.
When standing still, there's one frames (like all sprites).
When he moves, he first takes 2 frames to get up to speed, then the remaining frames can be repeated until he stops.
So in other words: 1 standing -> 2, 3 speed up -> 4,5,6,4,5,6,4,5,6,4,5,6 'walking' -> 1 stop  (or even: 3, 2 slow down -> 1 stop).

Is there any way to actually do this? Multiple views? A plugin for this purpose?

Crimson Wizard

AGS is lacking animation states, AFAIK only way is to write the script for this particular character's movement, that would switch between animations (views or loops, depending on what's more convenient).
It seems you have to code its movement anyway since you want different speeds? (unless that's only change in animation).

UPD
As a hint to how organize this, modern 3D engines I had a chance to work with have animation controller that switch animations depending on parameters they read.
In a nutshell, they are continiously running, testing current character's parameters, such as velocity, turn, custom variables, and adjust animation speed or change animation according to some rule.
I believe it's possible to write same thing in AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk