The Joker

Started by KyriakosCH, Thu 04/04/2019 03:51:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 10/10/2019 10:53:12
Anyone seen it? I enjoyed it, very disturbing film.
I saw it. It was pretty good. I thought it was going to be a "villain as hero" flick, kind of like Thanos in Infinity War. But it's not quite that. Arthur, the main character, is pathetic but I didn't find him sympathetic, if that makes any sense. I enjoyed watching the story unfold, but I never found myself rooting for the guy. He's a lot like Travis in Taxi Driver. You get why he's doing what he's doing, but you want him to stop doing it.

Worth the price of a ticket, in my opinion.

KyriakosCH

I agree, it was pretty good :)

Spoiler
And it does have one awesome scene (obviously the one near the end, with Deniro becoming more open-minded  := )
[close]
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Ponch

Spoiler
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sat 12/10/2019 12:05:27
near the end, with Deniro becoming more open-minded  :=
I see what you did there!
[close]

Snarky

Uh, spoilers, please? This is exactly the sort of thing that ruins a movie.

dactylopus

I had a chance to see this, and I've gotta say that it exceeded expectations.  Really glad I saw it.  I'm no DC fanboy, I actually don't like much that DC does, but this was done right.

KyriakosCH

I think that it gains points also due to being better than "superhero" movies. Besides, this had no superhero.
I can't say I found this to be an awesome movie, but I did like it. Besides, I am not really a fan of many movies to begin with... not my medium at all.

KyriakosCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXfLafgzoX0

"I live in what your president would call 'a s***hole country'"

(laugh)

Jack

I saw this over the weekend and was unexpectedly impressed. Entertainment is largely garbage these days, so it was surprising to find this more or less realistic dramatisation of how a villain like the joker might come about.

And in many ways it's something that could only be made now, with superhero stuff having already oversaturated entertainment, and with society going through massive upheavals, in no small part due to directionless young men.

Given the popularity of the Clown Pepe lately, I expected a very different kind of clown, but here again I was surprised. If I didn't know any better I would call it prophetic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk