Error Messages When Trying to Run Game with F5 (SOLVED)

Started by Showsni, Thu 04/04/2019 13:29:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Showsni

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.
I'm having some odd inconsistent error messages when I try to test my game using F5. If I compile it and run it it seems to work fine, but trying to play from the editor will either:
1) Give the error: "Unexpected error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."
2) Give the error: "Unexpected error: ERROR: unable to open file for writing"
3) Work without problems.

It seems entirely random which of these happens, even making no changes at all - I can hit F5 several times in a row, get the error messages a few times and then have it just work.
Could it be an issue with corrupted memory, as the first one suggests? I haven't had any problems with anything else on my computer. Or is it trying to write a file somewhere where my computer isn't allowing it?

morganw

Normally this is something preventing access to the where the compiler is trying to write.
The most likely cause is that you have the the compiled folder open in Windows Explorer whilst compiling, but it could also be anti-virus blocking write access until, or a combination of the two.

Showsni

Quote from: morganw on Thu 04/04/2019 13:49:40
Normally this is something preventing access to the where the compiler is trying to write.
The most likely cause is that you have the the compiled folder open in Windows Explorer whilst compiling, but it could also be anti-virus blocking write access until, or a combination of the two.

Thanks, looks like I had the folder open in Windows Explorer.

Crimson Wizard

BTW I fixed this error recently:
Quote from: Showsni on Thu 04/04/2019 13:29:45
1) Give the error: "Unexpected error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This was because it was trying to report ANOTHER error, but some mistake caused error when reporting error... In the next version it will report error correctly.  (roll)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk