AGS WEREWOLF GAME 4 (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 05/04/2019 15:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

I'm fine either way. But for a short game, I do like Mandle's idea.

Sinitrena

I'm not sure I like Mandle's idea. It would change the whole concept of the game; and remove nearly all tactical elements. The Evil Side would be rather weak with 1 player against 5 and without the ability to discuss their tactics, while the Good Side can do nothing but guess.

Nevertheless, if this is what you want, it makes very little difference for me - except that too much flavour text for such a "small" version seems a bit of a waste, considering the game could end in the very first phase; so in this case I would suggest a purely tactical game.

Now we have three possibilities:
- Wait a bit longer for more players
- Use my role setup (2 Evil, 4 Good; all roles used)
- Use Mandle's setup (1 Evil, 5 Good; only special role on Good side: Doctor)

Come on, I know there are more people reading here than people who registered to play - help us out!  :-*

Privateer Puddin'

I mentioned this in Discord, hopefully we'll get some more people! I don't venture into this bit of the forum too much, so it was easy for me to miss.

josiah1221

My thoughts with Mandle's suggestion was it would most likely be a quick game to tide us over until we can get 8 people. But for the scifi alien/the thing theme I think I would much prefer to wait and use it for a full fledged game. Just 2 more people!!!

Riaise

Mandle's idea would be an interesting twist on the format, but it would be really difficult for the killer. I think I'd prefer the 2 vs 4 setup, but I'll gladly go along with whichever is chosen. :)

Sinitrena

Okay, I think we waited long enough. But I want to leave the option for last minute entrants.

Therefore:

The game will start in four days, that is, on this Friday, 26th April (or thereabouts...)

So far, we have two people who want the "simpler" version (1/5 - Mandle and josiah) and two people who would prefer the "fuller" version (2/4 - Riase and Sinitrena (I guess I'm allowed to count myself, even though I think the final decision should be with the players)). So post your opinion in the next 4 days - and if more people do sign up, we will of course play a full game.

Kastchey

I think I'm up for a very quick, horribly imbalanced, bloody 2-4 deathmatch :) But I'm ok with the 1-5 option either should there be a tie.

Sinitrena

With Kastchey's post I count a slight preference for the fuller version. And as I said, the game starts today. You should all have received your roles by now (check your PMs).

---------------------------

Everything swims in front of your eyes, blurred as if you looked through the churning sea. Where are you? You don‘t remember, not entirely. You banged your head against...
No, no, that is not correct.

But why then does your head hurt so much? Why is your vision blurry? Why won't your hands and arms move?

It takes a moment, but then you begin to see the glass lid of the cryonic chamber more clearly and beyond that the lab. And the headache becomes more defined too. Pounding, splitting, like a really bad migraine, but also wailing â€" wailing like the alarms beyond the confines of the chamber.

Where is the nurse? You weren't supposed to...

The thought hits you like an electric shock. You breathe, far too heavy, far too fast. You claw against the metal of the chamber, not even realizing that your limbs follow your commands again.

A few seconds later, the cryonic chamber opens with a hiss and you stumble to the ground.

Around you, the other chambers, all five of them, open as well or are already open. Coughing, confused, some standing upright but holding onto everything around them, some kneeling on the ground, you all look around disoriented.

The chambers were only supposed to open at the end of the journey and there was supposed to be medical personal around. Neither is the case. The light in the lab is dimmed, as if nobody was supposed to be in this room of the UWS (United World Spacecraft) BlueCup.

After a while, you start to identify part of the noise around you as a voice, speaking over the automated alarm system: “...initiating protocol 77b, automated reactivation of all passengers. Two strange lifeforms identified on board. Possibility of shape-shifting. Scanners malfunctioning. Several crew members found dead. Autopilot active. I am hereby initiate protocol 77b...”

That does not sound good. You did not meet the passengers before you were put to sleep...

---------------------------------

Players:

VampireWombat
Riaise
josiah1221
Kastchey
Privateer Puddin'
Mandle

Roles:

2 Passengers
1 Psychic
1 Doctor
2 Shape-shifters

(I assume I don't need to explain the renaming I did there, to make the roles more setting appropriate.)

We are now in the first Day Phase and all players are welcome to post here, to suspect others and maybe even to lynch someone (remember to bold lynch votes), if you feel so inclined, and all non-players are kindly ask to not post here anymore.
All players are also invited to send PMs with their last words to me, if you have something to say already. Please keep them short and remember that I need them before a character is killed.
The Day Phase lasts about 48 hours and ends on 28th April between 4 and 7 pm.

(It would be nice if you try some role-playing, but it is not absolutely required.)

Current Phase: Day 1

Mandle

Urh... What the everlastin' fuck?!

Is this just another bug-hunt or...

Oh, shit, shapeshifters! I fucking hate their body-snatching asses!

I say we just do a fucking role-call right off the bat!

If the motherfucking Psychic and the Doctor just declare their roles then the Psychic has a 50/50 hit rate to find some of the scum of the universe while the doctor protects the Psychic or themself, and the scum won't know which to hit so have a 50% fail rate.

Any of you other douchebags like this plan?

*Spits the end onto the floor and lights his cigar*

Riaise

What...what happened? Have we arrived or...

Hold on, protocol 77b? Shapeshifters?! Why would shapeshifters have boarded the BlueCup? What do they want?

And there's no need for you to be so rude, Mr. Cigar. Perhaps you're used to spending time with douchebags, but I am a research scientist on a VERY important mission. You see, the cultural flora of the alpha region of this quadrant is incredibly interesting... *drones on about rare species of plants*

VampireWombat

Ugh my head. Why do I keep signing up for this?
And why does it smell like someone's burning trash? The recycled air is bad enough. Do we really need to add more pollution? Not all of us have had our lungs replaced.

Kastchey

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Ouch! Who took the painkillers? Who's dead? What is this piece of junk babbling about? If this is someone's VR game we're playing, I must have been very drunk when we started.

Privateer Puddin'

Where'd this guy get a cigar in this joint? All I can see are these bloody novelty blue cups.

VampireWombat

I'm guessing by his attitude that he's some kind of Mercenary. Probably had the cigar on him.
Anyone else's memory a bit fuzzy? I think it may be a side effect of the cryo pods, but not 100% sure since I only have vague memory of using one before...
Or maybe this is some kind of VR and the fuzziness is a side effect of that. Or maybe I was drugged.
Either way, there should be some kind of something to greet us. An android, robot, doctor, pixie, something...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 26/04/2019 21:17:16
Either way, there should be some kind of something to greet us. An android, robot, doctor, pixie, something...

Clean your ears out and smell the fuckin' coffee of death, bud. *Puff's cigar and blows smoke in VW's face.*

Yeah, yeah, I know that analogy didn't make any fuckin' sense, but makin' sense-makin' analogies ain't my fuckin' job. My job is kickin' alien-scum-but and chewin' gum, and gum just left town.

VampireWombat

Well, if you're half as good at killing aliens as you are at killing analogies and catch phrases, then I will feel at least a little safe.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 27/04/2019 00:59:43
Well, if you're half as good at killing aliens as you are at killing analogies and catch phrases, then I will feel at least a little safe.

OOC:  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

josiah1221

Wha... What...??? I don't remember signing up for this! I thought I was supposed to be on vacation... I remember an island... bad things happened... Oh no, not again! Where the hell am I, how did I get here, and who the hell are you people?!?!?!

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sat 27/04/2019 05:28:50
who the hell are you people?!?!?!

There are some who call me... Tim...

VampireWombat

Tim the merc?

I'm... Smegging hell, I can't remember my name. John Doe would be appropriate at the moment, but I have a bad feeling that name may apply to more than me. How about Joe Doe until my memory returns or someone finds some kind of identification.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk