AGS WEREWOLF GAME 4 (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 05/04/2019 15:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Hmm, I wonder where all of our identification and travel documents are being stored? Do you think they could help us to identify the shapeshifters? Because if we are the only people left aboard the BlueCup then, if I'm not mistaken, two of the people currently in this room must be shapeshifters. So what are we going to do?

VampireWombat

If things worked as they should, each of our cryo pods should have identification of some sort. But I didn't even see a name scribbled in crayon on mine.
My instincts tell me that the aliens are responsible and it won't be easy to find any identification. But the biggest question to me is, why did the aliens leave any of us alive? I can imagine a few possibilities.
1. They somehow need us alive.
2. Someone or something stopped them before they had a chance to finish us off.
3. They're simply screwing with us.

Kastchey

Holy shit, you people are serious aren't you. Or seriously high.
Shapeshifters? Is that really a thing? I'm sure as hell that wasn't in my contract...

And how is it possible that I haven't heard of them in my entire life let alone before boarding this ship, and the jokers who coded the AI thought it likely enough an encounter to install a warning against them?

josiah1221

I can't remember my name either... Obviously there is something really fucked up going on here! Do any of you remember anything at all?!?!

josiah1221

Riaise

My brain feels fuzzy and my thoughts are fragmented, but I have a feeling I've done a lot of travelling, for scientific research, and I'm sure I've heard vague rumours of a rare alien species that can change shape at will. I don't think I've ever heard about them in this part of the galaxy, though.

VampireWombat

For some reason all I can remember any bit clearly at the moment is 99 Red Balloons. Or is it 99 Dead Baboons?
I can vaguely remember having been in a cryo pod before and not feeling like this after. I'm wondering if the aliens somehow took our memories or just roofied us.
I also can vaguely remember signing paperwork and there being money involved. But I'm not sure if I was being paid, if I was doing the paying, or if somehow I agreed to be sold...

Kastchey

My head is killing me so I find it hard to focus, but I do clearly remember what *I* was being paid for. I'm a health and safety inspector, outsourced to audit risk control procedures in this place. Someone up the ladder thought this ship of yours smelled funny.

Now, I can't for the life of me remember if I had any earlier findings, but it doesn't look like I'm gonna need them... This is neither safe, nor healthy. Audit failed.

VampireWombat

At this point I'd say your audit findings fall under the "No, duh" category. The only way your audit will matter is if we somehow survive this. Otherwise the alien that chooses to wear your flesh like a Halloween costume will provide its own audit. Most likely with nice shiny approval of everything. If for no better reason than to screw with us once all that's left of us is a few brown spots they forget to clean up.

Mandle

Kastchey, you low-down, motherfucking, alien scum-ass!!!

Unless you want to claim a power-role right here and now in front of God and Martha Stewart I'm voting your sorry ass...

Either claim Psychic or Doctor or we had may as well waste you.

No time to lose when the gooses are on the loose, and you can all take that to the bank and shove it!

OOC: I don't really mean any of the insults towards anyone. It's just roleplaying.

But, yeah. We need to lynch someone this round. Unless a lynch target claims Psychic or Doctor we'd may as well lynch them. 50/50 chance of hitting a scum.

Kastchey seems to be talking about shapeshifters like he wants to distance himself from being associated with them so, for me, he is as good a pick as any.

What say you, Kastchey?

VampireWombat

OOC: Well, congratulations on creating a character with all of the negative aspects of a Space Marine without any likable aspects. If this were a horror movie, I'd cheer for his death and hope he was the first killed.

Personally I don't see any red flags in anything Kastchey said or did. But I fear that some action does need to be done and I guess this is as good as any at the moment...

Sinitrena

It takes you a while, but then you stumble towards one of the consoles in the room and activate it by pressing your hand on the screen. Well, you try to. Apparently, more than the scanners is malfunctioning. At least the door mechanism doesn't require any fancy systems and so you open it and find yourself on a long corridor, illuminated mainly by a blinking red light.

The laboratory, you vaguely remember, is close to the medical bay and the crew quarters and not too far fro the crew gym. In short, the corridor should be full of people who were willing to take a year long journey outside of the cryo pods, whether it is the regular activity of daily life on such a spaceship or the hectic of an emergency. It isn't. There is nobody around, not on the corridor, not in the quarters and not on the bridge either. No-one living, no-one dead.

You hardly manage to drag yourself to the bridge, still quite confused by the sudden waking from the induced sleep. When you finally reach it, you can't really keep your eyes open any longer. And so the information on the screen of the captain's chair doesn't really register in your mind, except for the number 2 that seems to flash there and that follows you into your dreams.

-----------------------------------------------

All passengers fall asleep and the Shape-shifters stay awake â€" in other words, the Night Phase starts now. Posting in this thread is not allowed in the next 24 hours or so, but all players should get ready to send PMs:
The Shape-shifters should inform me who they want to kill. (And if you feel like it, how you want your victim to die â€" I will not say if a method is mine or yours, but remember that it might give something away.)
The Doctor should inform me who they want to protect. (Remember that you can protect yourself, but not the same person twice in a row.)
The Psychic should let me know who they want to scan.
Everybody should send me their last words, in case they get killed. (I need the last words before I close a phase, because they will be included in the wrap-up post for the phase.)

-----------------------------------

Well, now it is too late to lynch anyone - nothing happens.

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat
Riaise
josiah1221
Kastchey
Privateer Puddin'
Mandle
[close]

Roles:

Spoiler
2 Passengers
1 Psychic
1 Doctor
2 Shape-shifters
[close]

Current Phase: Night 1

Sinitrena

You can't exactly say that your head feels any better than the day before. Different, yes, less fuzzy and you are less confused. But it is throbbing now as if you had drunk three nights in a row straight. This has probably something to do with the constant and insisting alarm that still blares through the whole ship or the rather uncomfortable position you have slept in.

Slowly, you struggle to your feet and press your hands against the main console of the bridge. Turning off the alarm is a rather simple matter, even though you have limited knowledge of how spaceships actually operate. But as a simple civilian transport ship, the UWS BlueCup is very accessible even to amateurs.

You sigh with relief when the noise finally stops, even though the blinking red light isn't so easy to get rid off. For the time being, you decide to ignore it.

What you cannot ignore it the no insistent grumbling of your stomach. People coming out of cryo pods are supposed to get something to eat immediately, but with no crew around...

While walking through the corridors of the ship, you start to miss the alarm and the message that you just turned off. The flashing light is darker than the usual lightning of the corridors and your steps echo eerily in the empty ship. Every last one clicks loudly through the halls and with every step you expect someone to turn up, to startle you, to scare you. You were never before so scared by the lack of surprises. Nobody jumps out at you, nobody touches your arm when you pass a different corridor. Nothing. There is nothing but the emptiness of a spaceship that should be full of people. There are none.

In the mess you finally see other living people again â€" your fellow passengers, who apparently had the same thought as you and hastened to get food as soon as they woke up.

-----------------------------

Wait, what is that?
Spoiler
Nobody was killed!

That means that either

- the Shape-shifters failed to inform me who they wanted to kill or
- the Doctor managed to protect someone.
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat - alive
Riaise - alive
josiah1221 - alive
Kastchey - alive
Privateer Puddin' - alive
Mandle - alive
[close]

Roles:

Spoiler
2 Passengers
1 Psychic
1 Doctor
2 Shape-shifters
[close]

Well, nobody was killed, so I guess I can skip my spiel about killed players not posting here or talking about the game anymore.

The thread is open again for all kinds of discussions and you are free to lynch people if you feel like it. You can also send last words to me.

In about 48 hours, the Day Phase will end  again â€" that is, on 1st May between 4 and 7 pm.

Current Phase: Day 2

Kastchey

Ouch.... my damn head. It's killing me even more than yesterday.
...Wait, I'm still alive?
...Everyone is alive?
That means... it means this entire shapeshifter talk was a prank, wasn't it? Let it be a prank...

OOC:
No worries Mandle, no offence taken :)

But, it does make me wonder why you were pushing so hard to get a random person lynched at the very last moment, having first made that oddball accusation based on roleplaying. The only thing the scum team had to do to win was to lynch an innocent person on day 1 and hit an unprotected target the following night. I'm sure you knew this very well. So I think that either you were baiting the murderers to see if someone would jump on the lynching bandwagon, or you are one of the murderers yourself.

What say you, Mandle?

VampireWombat

If this is a prank, it's gone too far. Unless... Could we be on some kind of reality show?

Riaise

The talk of shapeshifters came from the ship itself. If this is a prank then what woke us up so early? Where are the crew? I'm afraid to say it, but this must be real. The shapeshifters are here among us. The question is why didn't they attack any of us during the night? I'm glad that everyone is safe, but there must be a reason. Are they scared of us? Or perhaps they tried to attack but something stopped them. Any ideas?

Kastchey

No... Don't listen to the scientist, VampireWombat. She has to be mistaken. This HAS to be a prank. There's no way we are trapped here with some outlandish killer creatures on the loose... Who would have let THAT happen?

Quick, help me search the room! There have to be cameras hidden somewhere! Any of you an engineer? Help us find them! They have to be around here... somewhere...

*frantically searches the cryo lab*

josiah1221

Prank? What kind of sicko would go through all this trouble just for a prank. And I doubt any type of reality show would be allowed to just pick random people, drug them, and then put them in cryostasis on a fucking spaceship just to see what happens. And this talk of shapeshifters, the AI spoke of them. But what does that even mean, shift into what?! For now I think our best bet is to stick together, who knows what could happen if we get separated. Anyone got a better idea???

Privateer Puddin'

Oh, this is real alright. We just got lucky last night that the shapeshifters didn't take one of us.

Kastchey

*stares blankly as reality sinks in*
Shit. This is happening.

Shitshitshitshitshit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk