AGS WEREWOLF GAME 4 (Phase: End Discussion)

Started by Sinitrena, Fri 05/04/2019 15:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Look, we all need to calm down. I agree with the fellow with the horns, over here. *gestures towards Josiah* We need to stay together because, like it or not, two of the people here are shapeshifters and I don't like the idea of them roaming around on their own. We need to work out what we are going to do next.

Kastchey

Here? Like, literally here?

*points at the console*

The stupid thing said they were on board! That doesn't have to be here in this very room, right? We're not THAT much screwed, right? Right...?

VampireWombat

Would you prefer a Phillips or flathead screwdriver?

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 30/04/2019 18:03:54
Would you prefer a Phillips or flathead screwdriver?

Why, can you shift their shape?

Mandle

OOC: Sorry to be a bit quiet. I was rushing to get my MAGS entry into some kind of playable state until 3:30AM last night and today I gotta go clean my school a bit more. I'll be back in the game soon. Just pretend my lazy-ass character is still snoring and drooling in his cryobunk thingy.

Kastchey

Where's that "Tim" guy, has anyone seen him? He said he'd fought those things before didn't he? He has to know something that may help us...

OOC: I can't help but to notice that Mandle still hasn't answered my question... I can appreciate the circumstances so I am still willing to retract my vote if Mandle (or anyone else) can convince me that I'm wrong, but the way I currently see it is that he is stalling to try to avoid being lynched tonight, in order to buy himself and his comrade one more night for an extra kill now that they have lost their first opportunity.

The reasons why I think Mandle is a Shapeshifter:

- He called for lynching a completely random person, knowing that lynching an innocent (any of them, not only Psychic or Doctor unlike he said) and then killing an unprotected target automatically wins the game for the evil team in this setup. Not lynching anyone on Day 1 and doing what he proposed on Day 2 was a safer option, considering the Psychic would have scanned someone by then and that we could have got lucky and not lose anyone (like we did).
- He tried to intimidate me into confessing my role or, had this failed, get me to agree to get lynched under the false pretense that there is no harm in lynching a Passenger.
- He made this proposition shortly before the deadline, which may suggest he tried to rush the decision. Obviously the later he makes his accusation the less time everyone has to think about it.
(For the records: I wouldn't consider the timing a convincing argument at all as everyone has their own schedules and it could have been a coincidence, but together with my other observations it does make me wonder)

I'm not sure if VampireWombat who supported the lynching trend is working with Mandle or if he fell victim to the fallacious argumentation, but the circumstances speak stronger against Mandle than VW so

Vote to lynch: Mandle

VampireWombat

OOC: I wasn't exactly supporting it. It was more that he had forced some kind of action. It's been long enough since playing that I'm a bit rusty and it felt like something needed to be decided.

I'm unsure about lynching Mandle or not. Normally he has some kind of plan. But this time his reasoning was a bit weak. Of course if it was Xenomorphs we were dealing with instead of shapeshifters, I'd say to use his as cannon fodder.

I see 3 possibilities at this point.

1. He's staying in character and rushing to judgement/being a jerk.
2. He is indeed a shapeshifter.
3. He simply dropped the ball this time.

I need at least a couple more hours to make a decision...

Mandle

SNORT! SNORE! *ROLLS OVER AND FARTS*

*Mumbles something about Kastchey and Vampire Wombat being the scum*

Sinitrena

You allow yourself to relax and order your thoughts. With your stomach full of some kind of food â€" what exactly did you eat there? Food on spaceships was always slightly unidentifiable â€" the shock of waking so suddenly from the cryo sleep slowly fades away.

Speaking with your fellow passengers turns out to be difficult and always comes back to the same topic: What happened here? And the answer is always the same: You don't know.

You try to access the ship's systems again, but you are not authorized and in the end you only learn that your about halfway through your journey. Spending half a year on this ship with five other people you don't know and without a proper crew was definitely not what you signed up for. Hopefully, the UWS BlueCup sends out a distress signal.

At least the threat of shape-shifters has apparently turned out to be nothing real.

The mystery remains what happened to the crew. You wander through the hallways again and again, trying to figure anything out. But there is nothing. In the crew quarters, the bunks are empty. Here and there, clothes are strewn about here and there as if someone had left the room for his daily routine and was just too lazy to clean up first. The medical bay has a drawer standing open and one of the beds is in slight disarray, as if someone has slept in it recently. In the mess hall, you already noticed before that on one of the tables someone had neglected to put away his dishes.

With an every increasing amount of dread, you finally make your way to the airlock, half expecting another ship docked to it, half fearing that it would be just as empty as the rest of the ship. You do not reach it...

-----------------------------------------------------

We got lynch votes:
Spoiler
Mandle â€" 1
[close]
That is
Spoiler
not enough to reach a majority, so nothing happens.
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat - alive
Riaise - alive
josiah1221 - alive
Kastchey - alive
Privateer Puddin' - alive
Mandle - alive
[close]

Roles:

Spoiler
2 Passengers
1 Psychic
1 Doctor
2 Shape-shifters
[close]

Another day gone, another person killed â€" wait, no, my players just don't kill people in this game...  :-\

Anyways, it is night again and people should get ready to send PMs, be it the Shape-shifters to decide on a kill, the Doctor, who may try to protect someone, the Psychic, who is allowed one scan per night, or everybody to inform me of potential last words.

Posting in this thread is not allowed until the next Day Phase in about 24 hours from now.

Current Phase: Night 2

Sinitrena

A loud scream pierces your eardrums. Like the insistent screech of a bird-of-prey it feels even less fitting for this place than you yourself. You are an intruder in this silent wake of an abandoned ship and so is the scream. And like the fascination of a horror show it calls you to it and chases you away.

In the end, your curiosity wins, or your stupidity. You run through empty halls, your heavy steps echoing through them and calling ahead your approach.

The medical bay is your goal, fittingly. The automatic lights do not turn on like they did when you walked through the whole ship the first time.

A cold shiver crawls over your skin. The room is cold, so unnaturally cold, but in the split second before you realize what is going on you wonder why you think this. You are in space. All is cold.

But this coldness does not end with a shiver and a thought to put on warmer clothes, it seeps through your skin, through your muscles and bones. Slowly, your veins begin to freeze, your whole body feels paralyzed.

And in that moment you know. You know.

You struggle, but against what? You fight, but against whom? You cannot see, you cannot define the forms holding you, the enemies devouring you.

Your hand reaches one of the consoles of the medical bay, which instantly beeps insistently. “Game over man! Game over!” you cough to record a message with a voice that isn't really yours anymore and before you can say more, the voice is gone. What was it you wanted to say? A warning? You have nothing.

Soon, you will. Your mind is the last part of you to go, and so you see through eyes that aren't yours how the light comes back on and how the shapeless forms become human again. But there is no way left to say anything...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this night,
Spoiler
josiah1221
[close]
was killed. He was
Spoiler
the Doctor
[close]
and left you as his final words:
Spoiler
A classic quote by the late great Bill Paxton from Aliens. "Game over man! Game over!"
[close]

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat - alive
Riaise - alive
josiah1221 â€" eaten alive in Night 2 (Role: Doctor)
Kastchey - alive
Privateer Puddin' - alive
Mandle - alive
[close]

Roles:

Spoiler
2 Passengers
1 Psychic
0 Doctors
2 Shape-shifters
[close]

We got our first kill, which means the Good Side should probably lynch someone during this day â€" but who am I to influence your decisions.

However, what I can tell you is that the thread is open to discussions and lynch votes and you can, of course, still send all kinds of last words to me.

Killed players are no longer allowed to post here or discuss the game with other players through any other means.

The Day Phase ends in about 48 hours, on 4th May between 4 and 7 pm.

Current Phase: Day 3

Riaise

No! This is awful! If only we'd taken this threat more seriously earlier, perhaps this wouldn't have happened. We need to do something about this. Also, did anyone else know that our horned friend was a doctor? We seem to have lost our first line of defence.  :(

Privateer Puddin'

Hm! He could have said he was the doctor yesterday, since I guess the shapeshifters came for him on the first night and then went back yesterday, knowing he'd be open to attack? Would have been nice to at least one of you lot I could trust.

VampireWombat

But how do I know I can trust you?
At this point there's an equal amount of you that are human as are shapeshifters. I see no reason to not come out and say that I'm one of the two passengers.

Kastchey

God, the stench... I think I'm gonna puke.
*shuts the door to the med bay*

I think that with the shifters around, if he had said he was a doctor and asked me to follow him to the med bay so he could help me, I would have freaked out. I think I'm getting jumpy...

OOC: I'm not necessarily saying that you aren't a Passenger, VW, but since there are two Passengers, four of us could claim to be Passengers and we'd be none the wiser...

VampireWombat

OOC: Yes. Anyone could claim to be anything they want. It's up to others to choose if they want to believe me or not. And if everyone claimed to be a passenger, then clearly no one should be believed and the ship should just be put on self destruct.

Privateer Puddin'

OOC: Probably not useful to have the reflection now since it's done, but working on the assumption that josiah was targeted both nights, he'd have (not nothing, since he could have been protected by a different doctor, but there was nothing in his first day posts to suggest he was of importance?) little reason not to declare himself as the doctor? Now, that puts a lot of pressure on josiah to have any idea of who to target, but I think we could have rallied around any of his vote, or at least had a more fruitful discussion, knowing we could trust him.

VampireWombat

OOC: But he couldn't have been protected by another doctor. There was only one. Now he's dead. But yes, trust could have led to a lot of things.
So, I'm going to ask whoever the psychic is to trust me and choose further action on the assumption I am just a passenger. At the least you can scan someone other than me this next turn.

Kastchey

This is no longer needed, VW, because I have been contacted by someone claiming to be the psychic and they revealed a shifter's name to me.

I am not 100% sure if I can trust this person because as it was repeatedly said, anyone can claim anything at this point, so if you are innocent, Privateer Puddin', and I'm being stupid then I really do apologise.

But yes, I got whispered by a claimed psychic that this is the person we should lynch and I feel we have little else to go ahead with.

VampireWombat

If that's what you think is best, then you need to make it official so maybe it can go in effect in time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk