Font problem: Nordic character support issue [RESOLVED]

Started by WHAM, Sun 07/04/2019 17:35:44

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Solution: I dug up the region settings of my Windows 10 and under the advanced settings set my region as "English UK" and disabled the "BETA: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" -checkbox. Reboot, and the issue seems to have been resolved, with the nordic characters appearing correctly both in editor and in-game.

Sorry for the pointless thread, I left my original post below in case anyone else encounters this sort of issue.

Spoiler

I'm facing a minor issue and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.
I have a set of several .ttf fonts that SHOULD support nordic characters such as äöÃ,,Ö. I have these fonts installed into Windows and they display these characters without issue in other applications such as Word and Excel.

However, when I import these fonts into AGS, these same characters are corrupted when drawn into GUI labels or in speech bubbles.

When I view the font in the AGS editor, I can see the nordic characters correctly.

Is there something obvious I am missing here?

EDIT:
Upon further testing I think this is something to do with the encoding of the text displayed in the AGS editor. If I copy "äöÃ,,Ö" from Word to the AGS editor, the characters get corrupted when I hit paste.
If I write "äöÃ,,Ö" into the AGS editor and copy those into Word, they get corrupted upon pasting the text.

Font as seen in the AGS editors Font view:
https://i.imgur.com/p6GBpGW.png

Another EDIT:
Looks like the AGS editor window is using ANSI encoding and the rest of my windows is working with UTF-8.
The reason I find this odd is that I distinctly recall entering nordic characters into my AGS code before, long ago, and having it work just fine.

[close]
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk