Lair Of The Clockwork God - NEW DAN AND BEN GAME!

Started by Ben X, Tue 09/04/2019 20:11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Introducing the latest Dan And Ben game: Lair Of The Clockwork God, out now on Steam & GOG for Windows, Linux & Mac, on Switch and XBox One from the 4th, and PS4 soon!

"A brilliant, joyous, clever and generous experience."
4.5/5 – ThumbSticks

"This is a gag delivery device with a seriously good hit rate"
83% – PC Gamer

"Great mash-up of indie platforming and classic adventuring."
8/10 – TheSixthAxis

On Steam
On GOG
On Steam bundled with the first two Dan & Ben games at an overall discount
Nintendo Switch
XBox One

Comes with FREE visual novel prequel, Devil's Kiss!

Please wishlist/buy/review/promote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC7X3Ur7l-Q
A couple of podcasts Dan and I recorded about all the cancelled Dan And Ben 3s, and the thinking behind this new one.

Frodo

Looks fantastic!  Really want to play this!    :cheesy:

Any plans for a DRM-free release, like the other games?
PLEASE don't make steam the only place to get this.   :sad:

KyriakosCH

Indeed!
Looks excellent and the dialogue is funny  8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ben X

Thanks, all! I expect the plan is to get it on as many places as possible, so hopefully DRM-free will happen...

selmiak

ohwowthisisunexpectedandnice! :D

what engine are you using?

also that one line in the trailer (or gameplay recording), the intro, it is white over bright yellow, very hard to read. (@3:42 in the video)

milkanannan

JenniBee

Awesome news! I loved the previous two Dan & Ben adventure games. :)

Ben X

Thanks again, everyone!

@selmiak - it's in Unity. You're right about that line, but it's trailer-specific so it won't cause any issues in-game. (It reads "an INTERACTIVE NARRATIVE EXPERIENCE", which is just a silly joke about the perennial 'should we call them games' discussion!)

To excuse the bump, I'll announce that we recorded a second episode of the podcast, which you should be able to find via the same link as above :)

Ben X

Released!

“A brilliant, joyous, clever and generous experience.”
4.5/5 â€" ThumbSticks

“This is a gag delivery device with a seriously good hit rate”
83% â€" PC Gamer

“Great mash-up of indie platforming and classic adventuring.”
8/10 â€" TheSixthAxis

Privateer Puddin'

Enjoying this so far! If you enjoyed the Ben and Dan games of old, you should definitely take a look.

Ben X

Hi all, quick update:

Lair Of The Clockwork God is now also available on GOG and for Mac and Linux. We've also put out a Steam bundle of all four games, which saves you a little bit of money if you don't have the first two yet.

Links are in my sig and I've also updated the OP, so please take another look at the trailers, reviews, links etc!

milkanannan

Those games look amazing. Question: have you thought about doing a voice over for the characters? I know this would be a huge task, but I ask because I know there is a segment of the Steam market which is parents (like me) looking for family-friendly adventure games that our kids can play through without the need for mum/dad to narrate the trickier chunks.

Ben X

Thank you! We did consider VO, but in the end the cost just wasn't feasible, unfortunately. Also, be warned, these games probably aren't suitable for younger kids - there's no nudity/sex and only cartoon violence, but there is frequent swearing and some dark humour.

Ali

I think the humour / language is a lot like The Young Ones, inasmuch as grown ups will not be happy with kids hearing it. But kids would actually love it, and it wouldn't do them much harm, because it's essentially quite warm-hearted and silly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk