Jibble

Author Topic: AGS Editor available on Chocolatey (Windows package manager)  (Read 2157 times)

eri0o

ags on.chocolatey.org repository. If someone wanting to try AGS Editor on Windows and have Chocolatey installed, you can now run

Code: Windows Batch file
  1. cinst ags

AGS should install.

« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2020, 01:09 by eri0o »

eri0o

Added 3.5.0.22 Release to it, waiting approval from chocolatey maintainers: chocolatey.org/packages/ags/3.5.0.22

Edit: it was approved.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2020, 13:27 by eri0o »

Monsieur OUXX

• Mittens Vassal
  • Cavefish
  • Mittens Half Initiate
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Monsieur OUXX worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
I didn't even know that Windows had a package manager. That's pretty cool.

eri0o

ags 3.5.0.23 should be the default download now.

One can get an specific version by using the --version VERSIONNUMBER command. This allows getting versions that are available in the community repository but not yet approved by moderation, as also enables getting previous versions of Adventure Game Studio available in the community driven package manager.

Code: PowerShell
  1. choco install --version 3.5.0.23 ags
or
  1. cinst --version 3.4.3.1 ags

If you already had installed ags through chocolatey, you can use the upgrade command to get the latest version approved in the chocolatey package manager.

1. choco upgrade ags

One example usage I have of this package, is I need the AGS.Types.dll when building the Editor plugin of AgsGet (AGS.Plugin.AgsGet.dll), so I just directly install ags in my pipeline on Azure when building the plugin. It's not fast but it's simple enough that it won't complicate my CI.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2020, 23:07 by eri0o »

eri0o

ags 3.5.0.24 should be the default download on Chocolatey now  8-)

(also today I found this interesting docker image...)
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2020, 01:16 by eri0o »