Fortnightly Writing Competition: Reader's Choice (Results)

Started by Baron, Wed 17/04/2019 02:45:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 11/05/2019 09:53:14
I think Baron might have started his weekend a bit early, and might not sober up 'til Monday anyway.  :-D

Hey!  I don't have to shit here and take that kind of... whaddaya call it?  Ah, ferget it....  :P

Now where was I?  Oh yeah!  I wanna tell you guys that you're the best.  You really are.  I love you guys!  I don't know about some of the crazy theme ideas I come up with, but you guys sure came through with a bunch of good writing.  WHAM, ol' buddy, ol' pal, I really like your words.  They're like, all frisky and full of life and stuff.  Kind of like baby honey badgers.  Makes a cold-hearted ol' son-of-a-bitch like me go all gooey inside.  You got that way of playing on the heart strings like they're some kind of instrument.  I like that about you, WHAM.  You can't have a good story without feeling.  Where's the beef, they say?  Where's the heart; that's the question.  And you got it, man.  You're all heart.  I lov eyou man.

Now Sinitrena, don't you feel all left out because of the bromance guy-crush thing I got goin' on with ol' WHAMO.  You done all right.  I really liked the idea of fictional inspiration actually being real stories from distant lands, but with complications when the journalists become part of the story.  Who cares if the how and the why were a bit confusing off the cup, but I don't know who that guy is or when he's coming?  But I'll tell you one thing.  And then they were all like "well I guess it's inevitable" and I guess that's that.  But wouldn't they KNOW there was the book cominf if they could see the future story threads.  So then you could just not pick up the mail and then WHOA!  WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS PEEPS!!  But I thought it was a good idea.  You're the best, Sini.

Now get over here JudasFm.  That was some kind of crazy road trip about to go off.  But where's the 80s road mix?  I liked the slugs with eye stems but not shoulders.  You'd never get lost if you were a slug, cause there'd always be a trail of slime showing you where youd been.  Im glad to here that your feeling better though. 

Oh, I forgot the trophies.  Their all grails because of the reader's choice and you must choose wisely.  They make for great trophies but I woudn't drink out of them if I wre you.  Exsept the clay trophy for third place: you can;t take that one past the seal or you'll rune the whole ceremony.  And we don't need any party poopers here, because this parties never gonna stop!  Am I right?  Guys?  Guys?

Sinitrena

Baron, what did you smoke? You alright there?  :-X

Quote from: Baron on Sat 11/05/2019 18:23:57
But wouldn't they KNOW there was the book cominf if they could see the future story threads.

That was actually explained: They could, but they don't because it would be impossible to live a normal life for them if they knew everything, so they don't look at their own stories. And not explained but implied is the fact that they don't constantly have all stories in their mind - they see what they look at and only that.

TheFrighter

At the end of the day I didn't understand how this competition worked...  :-[

_

WHAM

Quote from: Baron on Sat 11/05/2019 18:23:57
I lov eyou man.

I love you too, ol' buddy, ol' pal!
Now lay off the booze 'fore so you're all nice and crisp and sober for the next fortnightly!

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sun 12/05/2019 09:18:44

At the end of the day I didn't understand how this competition worked...  :-[

_

If ever in doubt, ask away!  :)
I'm sure any of us in this thread will be happy to help out in figuring out how to participate, vote etc.
The threads of past Fortnightly Writing competitions can also help figure things out, and they contain a ton of cool little stories, in case you're in the reading mood.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Baron

@ TheFrighter:  Yeah, I guess sometimes we get a little to comfortable with the routines and just assume that everybody knows them.  Usually the theme is more straightforward (see the new theme set by WHAM, for example), and the competition ends with a nice, clean ceremony.  But what can I say?  I'm a sucker for character writing.  (roll)   Hope to see you around the next comp!

@ Sinitrena: Yeah, upon a more sober reading of your piece I can see your point.  But you still have to acknowledge the paradox of breaking some rules but not others.  If they knew what was coming and had the means to avoid it, wouldn't they be at least a little tempted?  The werewolf is clawing at the door and dad's revolver with the silver bullets is sitting right there on the desk.  The kids look at the door about to give way, and then back to the desk.  "Dad told us not to," one says to the other.  "You're right, oh well," is the reply.  And then they get eaten.  The end.  I guess my point is that I think you left a metaphorical gun and the figurative mantelpiece and I was slightly frustrated that it wasn't entirely addressed. 

@ Everybody: Thanks to everyone who participated.  See you next time!

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 12/05/2019 09:59:03
Now lay off the booze 'fore so you're all nice and crisp and sober for the next fortnightly!

@ WHAM: What is this, a church picnic?  I hear the ad business and booze go together like scotch and rocks!  (nod)  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk