Whispers of a Machine

Started by Andail, Wed 17/04/2019 14:25:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

AI was embedded everywhere. In our cars, in our homes. In the clothes we wore. For some of us, even inside our own bodies.

Dreading the Singularity, mankind abruptly put an end to AI. The result was a worldwide technological collapse.

Generations later, Vera, a federal homicide detective is sent to rural outpost Nordsund to investigate a string of murders.

Vera soon finds herself pulled into an invisible war about technology and religion. While some want to awaken the Singularity, seen as a last deity in a godless world, others are vehement technophobes.

Whispers of a Machine features handpainted 640x360 graphics and an exciting story with existential twists.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/631570/Whispers_of_a_Machine
https://www.gog.com/game/whispers_of_a_machine
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whispers-of-a-machine/id1452404930?mt=8

The team
Petter Ljungqvist (The Samaritan Paradox), Writing, Art
Joel Staaf Hästö (Kathy Rain), Writing, Programming
Jacob Lincke, Music and Sound Effects
Ivan Ulyanov, Portrait Art
Dave Gilbert, Voice-over Direction
Pontus Lund, aka StillInThe90s (Camp 1), Additional Animation

The game is published by

Privateer Puddin'

Purchased!

Congratulations on the release - looking forward to playing  :=

Jack

Sounds very interesting. Congratulations on the release, and on getting on gog.com.

Wow:

(Why no Linux support? Plugins?)

StillInThe90s

Jay! Congrats guys!
Also: pretty nice looking trailer.

Edit: A couple of images are broken in the first post btw.

dactylopus

Congratulations on the release!  Looking forward to playing!

SilverSpook

JSH

Thanks, guys! Things are looking good so far, people seem to be enjoying the game!  :-D

Jojo_the_monkey

Congratulations on the release!!!  :smiley:
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Dualnames

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU IN HOW MANY DIFFERENT PLACES THAT THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING?!?!?!

Silly quirky humor aside, I have not finished it yet, but so far loving it with all my heart!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Andail

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 18/04/2019 21:38:59
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU IN HOW MANY DIFFERENT PLACES THAT THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING?!?!?!

There's no limit really, please do keep yelling it all the time, everywhere!

Dualnames

I just finished it, I cannot recommend the game enough to be honest.

A summary of my thoughts can be located at

https://t.co/XuOywM3irJ

The review I left on Steam is positive and contains no spoilers of any nature!
Oh, and I bought the game and i am not paid by andail or anybody involved, i just truly love the game and will support it <3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AndyfromVA

Looks like a good game but I appear to be stuck in the first room - or perhaps I don't understand the interface.
Figured out the interface.  Good game.

Spoiler
I'm in the room with the worker, the policeman and the dead body.  I want to leave to go to the town but I'm not allowed to leave because the worker has some more information I apparently need.
[close]

TheFrighter

Fine work, Andail! Do you planning a sequel or another cyberpunk game?
_

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Fri 19/04/2019 22:46:34
Looks like a good game but I appear to be stuck in the first room - or perhaps I don't understand the interface.

Spoiler
I'm in the room with the worker, the policeman and the dead body.  I want to leave to go to the town but I'm not allowed to leave because the worker has some more information I apparently need.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you been to the dormitory? There are two exits near each other at the far end of the locker room, try pressing space to see the hotspots
[close]

Andail

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sat 20/04/2019 08:05:36

Fine work, Andail! Do you planning a sequel or another cyberpunk game?
_
Thanks! Joel will likely continue on Kathy Rain 2 sooner or later, but I'll probably take a break from the traditional point and click adventures myself.

CaptainD

Congrats on the release - looks amazing!

milkanannan

Quote from: Jack on Wed 17/04/2019 18:44:26
Sounds very interesting. Congratulations on the release, and on getting on gog.com.

Wow:

(Why no Linux support? Plugins?)

I love this image just generally as a work of art.

Congrats on the release, dude!

SarahLiz

This game is amazing.  I'm a bit frustrated at the moment playing it because I'm stuck on Day 2 and every YouTube walkthrough I've seen thus far has a different new "talent" than me. I solved one mainpuzzle differently than the other players, and now I can't get Day 2 to end.  I love this game so much—a lot of its elements remind me of Technobabylon, which I also loved.  The artwork is gorgeous.  I can't wait to find out more about the main character's backstory.  I just want to be able to keep playing, lol...

Just one question (that I hate to ask):  will there be a walkthrough?

Click'd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk