Whispers of a Machine

Started by Andail, Wed 17/04/2019 14:25:19

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last To Know

I completed it on android this weekend. It was fantastic! Really loved it. I guess there should be achievements? Because they didn't work on my tablet, but that doesn't bother me. Will definitely play it again sometime with alternative decisions.

JSH

Quote from: The Last To Know on Tue 23/04/2019 09:57:29
I completed it on android this weekend. It was fantastic! Really loved it. I guess there should be achievements? Because they didn't work on my tablet, but that doesn't bother me. Will definitely play it again sometime with alternative decisions.

Damn, the achievements are supposed to work! You were logged on to your Google Play Games account the entire time, right?

Dualnames

Sarah, what path did u take?
Spoiler
What are your augmentations, and which puzzle are u stuck in right now?
[close]
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SarahLiz

Thanks for the response Click'd & Dualâ€"I appreciate that.  I figured out what to do in that spot because I finally found a walkthrough late last night from AppUnwrapper.com (which also has all 3 paths).  I took the meanie route (assertive), and had yet to find another who had.  Anywayâ€"I'm just happy for a guide to glance at for a last resort. 

If what I read from others who finished it is true, and the game is about 6 hours of gameplay or so, then my only complaint will probably be that it will be over before I'm ready for it to end.  It really has been very enjoyable.  I love when Dave Gilbert directs the characters...really great voice acting as well.

AndyfromVA

That was quite enjoyable.

Thank goodness for the walkthrough though.

You know you've played an excellent adventure game when you don't want it to end.  Sequel please!!

The Last To Know

Quote from: JSH on Tue 23/04/2019 11:28:23
Quote from: The Last To Know on Tue 23/04/2019 09:57:29

Damn, the achievements are supposed to work! You were logged on to your Google Play Games account the entire time, right?
Well, I'm not really sure if there maybe was a problem with my Google Play account because when I clicked on "Achievements" from the main menu of the game, i saw the green Google Play Splash Screen with the game logo for a few seconds, and then it closed and I was back in the main menu. Maybe something wrong with my account, don't know.

rongel

Late congratulations on the release!

Just wanted to tell that Whispers of a Machine was reviewed in the new copy of Finnish gaming magazine "Pelit". It got 90 / 100, and a special recommendation. Kathy Rain was reviewed too in it, and it got 89, and the recommendation.

PS. I bought Kathy Rain from the sale, it's a great game! 
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

lanchong

This kept me well entertained for a fortnight.
I know which game I'll nominate for "game of the year 2019" :)
I look forward to your next production !

JSH

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Wed 24/04/2019 03:53:58
That was quite enjoyable.

Thank goodness for the walkthrough though.

You know you've played an excellent adventure game when you don't want it to end.  Sequel please!!

A sequel is unlikely, but thanks for playing!  :-D

Quote from: rongel on Wed 15/05/2019 16:05:19
Late congratulations on the release!

Just wanted to tell that Whispers of a Machine was reviewed in the new copy of Finnish gaming magazine "Pelit". It got 90 / 100, and a special recommendation. Kathy Rain was reviewed too in it, and it got 89, and the recommendation.

PS. I bought Kathy Rain from the sale, it's a great game! 

Great news, and thanks for buying KR, super appreciated!  (laugh)

Quote from: lanchong on Thu 20/06/2019 02:40:29
This kept me well entertained for a fortnight.
I know which game I'll nominate for "game of the year 2019" :)
I look forward to your next production !

Thanks a lot!  :)

JSH

Hey all,

Thought I'd shamelessly bump this post and let you know that WoaM is on sale for a few days:

Steam (-15%, Blue Edition: -24%):
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/whispers-of-a-machine/id1452404930

Mobiles (-40%):
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/whispers-of-a-machine/id1452404930
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rawfury.woam

JSH

WoaM has been nominated in SIX categories in the annual Aggie Awards! :-D

• Best Story
  • Best Writing (Drama)
  • Best Gameplay
  • Best Concept
  • Best Acting
  • Best Traditional Adventure
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/amp/39492?fbclid=IwAR1gVfx7Nd2vNDH2LAirwCPrb9HggE_iAXSrIYH3MFVciETQWGAxpJ8lk1U

Speaking of awards, don't forget to to nominate WoaM in the AGS awards too!
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/awards/nominate/

Creamy

QuoteWoaM has been nominated in SIX categories in the annual Aggie Awards! :-D

Best Story
    Best Writing (Drama)
    Best Gameplay
    Best Concept
    Best Acting
    Best Traditional Adventure

Fingers crossed.

I finished the game this evening and enjoyed it very much.
Good looking, thought provoking and original. Just how I like my Clifftop and Faravid games  :grin:

Footnote: I've played most of the game without noticing how different some puzzles could have been.
Only when I browsed a walkthrough did I realize the amount of work that went into it.

Stupot

Congrats on the noms. This is a very good game and I think you are definitely in with a shout for at least a couple of those awards.

JSH

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 26/01/2020 19:55:57
QuoteWoaM has been nominated in SIX categories in the annual Aggie Awards! :-D

Best Story
    Best Writing (Drama)
    Best Gameplay
    Best Concept
    Best Acting
    Best Traditional Adventure

Fingers crossed.

I finished the game this evening and enjoyed it very much.
Good looking, thought provoking and original. Just how I like my Clifftop and Faravid games  :grin:

Footnote: I've played most of the game without noticing how different some puzzles could have been.
Only when I browsed a walkthrough did I realize the amount of work that went into it.

Thanks a lot! And yeah, the replayability is not super obvious until you try another path. Hopefully you feel encouraged to take it for another spin some time. :)

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 27/01/2020 02:24:45
Congrats on the noms. This is a very good game and I think you are definitely in with a shout for at least a couple of those awards.

Thanks a bunch, the competition is fierce and we're hoping for the best! :-D

Speaking of the Aggies, the Reader's Choice poll just opened! If you'd like to show your support, we'd be honored to have your vote!  (nod)

Details here: https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/39493?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=adventuregamers

JSH

Thanks all for the WoaM nominations!

Goes without saying, but if you think WoaM deserves to win a few of the awards, we'd appreciate your support with the votes! :)
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/awards/vote/

Dkobylarz

Just finished the game tonight. Really, really, loved it. Some of my thoughts:
Spoiler

- The pacing is very fluid and consistent. I was stumped in just the right amounts, without any particular area taking me too long to figure out, and I didn't get that classic point-and-click frustration battle of stopping myself from googling a solution once.
- The church puzzle where you have to move the shelf right when the construction workers were making a lot of sound made me audibly go "Aha!" when I figured it out and I love moments like this.
- The audio noise reducer puzzle was the perfect amount of difficulty without needing too much intrusive instruction
- Vera's introspection was just the right amount of help without giving too much away. Bad point-and-click games tend to leave me with a "welp, what do I do next?" thought, but I didn't have this once and I think that's due to these self-talk instances
- The Stina twist was excellent! I didn't see it coming at all.

- I loved the ending.

- Music highlights for me was Alex's theme (A plus for me, so emotional!), and I loved the new piano line in the track that's played again over the graveyard scene.

[close]

Bravo Clifftop, Faravid, and the rest of the developers!

JSH

Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 01/03/2020 00:59:05
Spoiler

- The pacing is very fluid and consistent. I was stumped in just the right amounts, without any particular area taking me too long to figure out, and I didn't get that classic point-and-click frustration battle of stopping myself from googling a solution once.
- The church puzzle where you have to move the shelf right when the construction workers were making a lot of sound made me audibly go "Aha!" when I figured it out and I love moments like this.
- The audio noise reducer puzzle was the perfect amount of difficulty without needing too much intrusive instruction
- Vera's introspection was just the right amount of help without giving too much away. Bad point-and-click games tend to leave me with a "welp, what do I do next?" thought, but I didn't have this once and I think that's due to these self-talk instances

- I loved the ending.

- Music highlights for me was Alex's theme (A plus for me, so emotional!), and I loved the new piano line in the track that's played again over the graveyard scene.

[close]

Thanks a lot, Dan! Glad you liked it :)

For those of you who missed it, last night WoaM won EIGHT AGS Awards!

• Best Writing
  • Best Gameplay
  • Best Puzzles
  • Best Music
  • Best Voice Work
  • Best Programming
  • Best Background Art
  • Best Game Created with AGS
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for the game!  ;-D

Frodo

Quote from: JSH on Sun 05/04/2020 09:20:40
Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 01/03/2020 00:59:05
Spoiler

- I loved the ending.

[close]

For those of you who missed it, last night WoaM won EIGHT AGS Awards!

• Best Writing
  • Best Gameplay
  • Best Puzzles
  • Best Music
  • Best Voice Work
  • Best Programming
  • Best Background Art
  • Best Game Created with AGS
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for the game!  ;-D

Wow, congratulations JSH.  Really happy for you.   :grin:
I've been absent for a while, so I missed the AGS Awards.   :sad:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk