Author Topic: Whispers of a Machine  (Read 3051 times)

Re: Whispers of a Machine
« Reply #20 on: 23 Apr 2019, 09:57 »
I completed it on android this weekend. It was fantastic! Really loved it. I guess there should be achievements? Because they didn't work on my tablet, but that doesn't bother me. Will definitely play it again sometime with alternative decisions.

JSH

• Founder of Clifftop Games
    • JSH worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • JSH worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2019, 11:28 »
I completed it on android this weekend. It was fantastic! Really loved it. I guess there should be achievements? Because they didn't work on my tablet, but that doesn't bother me. Will definitely play it again sometime with alternative decisions.

Damn, the achievements are supposed to work! You were logged on to your Google Play Games account the entire time, right?

Dualnames

• AGS Baker
  • Pretty Badass
    • Dualnames worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Dualnames worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2019, 12:29 »
Sarah, what path did u take?
Spoiler: ShowHide
What are your augmentations, and which puzzle are u stuck in right now?
No more military army stuff. I'm alive and back.

« Reply #23 on: 23 Apr 2019, 16:20 »
Thanks for the response Click’d & Dual—I appreciate that.  I figured out what to do in that spot because I finally found a walkthrough late last night from AppUnwrapper.com (which also has all 3 paths).  I took the meanie route (assertive), and had yet to find another who had.  Anyway—I’m just happy for a guide to glance at for a last resort. 

If what I read from others who finished it is true, and the game is about 6 hours of gameplay or so, then my only complaint will probably be that it will be over before I’m ready for it to end.  It really has been very enjoyable.  I love when Dave Gilbert directs the characters...really great voice acting as well.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2019, 16:24 by SarahLiz »

« Reply #24 on: 24 Apr 2019, 03:53 »
That was quite enjoyable.

Thank goodness for the walkthrough though.

You know you've played an excellent adventure game when you don't want it to end.  Sequel please!!

« Reply #25 on: 24 Apr 2019, 08:08 »

Damn, the achievements are supposed to work! You were logged on to your Google Play Games account the entire time, right?
Well, I'm not really sure if there maybe was a problem with my Google Play account because when I clicked on "Achievements" from the main menu of the game, i saw the green Google Play Splash Screen with the game logo for a few seconds, and then it closed and I was back in the main menu. Maybe something wrong with my account, don't know.

« Reply #26 on: 15 May 2019, 16:05 »
Late congratulations on the release!

Just wanted to tell that Whispers of a Machine was reviewed in the new copy of Finnish gaming magazine "Pelit". It got 90 / 100, and a special recommendation. Kathy Rain was reviewed too in it, and it got 89, and the recommendation.

PS. I bought Kathy Rain from the sale, it's a great game!