AGS 3.5.0 - RC 5 (new upcoming version)

Started by Crimson Wizard, Tue 30/04/2019 20:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

bx83

Also, I'd like to make a feature request (if I may be so bold, though probably not).
Increase the size of the frames in an animation (a View). At the moment, they're still 20px wide. Perhaps a slider for size?
If it's more complex to add than just an increased window element size (for example if it's hand-drawn and not a simple built-in component), save it or ignore, up to you. It's possible to work with at the moment, though I have to scan through frames on preview->animate to see them properly, takes a bit of extra time.

cat

The download link in the first post still leads to beta 5 which does not exist anymore. It should be https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.15/AGS-3.5.0-Beta6.zip

abstauber

QuoteAlso replaced classic MI-9Verb template with new Thumbleweed template by abstauber.
Yay! 8-)
Did compile the template file yourself or did you take a release file I made a while ago? I just wondered because I haven't created a new template file with the updated camera code yet.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 14/08/2019 13:47:45
QuoteAlso replaced classic MI-9Verb template with new Thumbleweed template by abstauber.
Yay! 8-)
Did compile the template file yourself or did you take a release file I made a while ago? I just wondered because I haven't created a new template file with the updated camera code yet.

I compiled it myself for now. All it needs is "Script compatibility level" set to 3.4.1.

abstauber

Ah okay. I already prepared a 3.5 branch for the template so the compatibility level would be "highest" again. But apparently I didn't merge it back into master  :-[

But I did that now and there's still time until we hit the release candidates.

Dualnames

Everytime I create a new view it auto-selects a sound effect instead of none
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 14/08/2019 19:08:15

Oh sh...

This might cause too much annoyance, so I quickly made a hotfix build, will release properly later:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xewpl73fj9jjxi9/AGS-3.5.0.15--hotfix.zip?dl=0

Also fixed: blinking room frame during transitions.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: bx83 on Tue 13/08/2019 12:30:37
QuoteSince AGS beta there's a new setting in General Settings which let you type real name of binary to use, regardless of the folder name.
Please check what is it set to. Also, please delete all old files from Compiled and try again.

Done and done. The other, older, pre-beta ones keep regenerating on compile. I've set the name to LoCI; these files work fine (LoCI.exe, LoCI.001 etc) and are the latest build, as it should be.
However, the LOCI_GAME_FILE.00x keep being regenerated, with an old modified date no less.

Oh, the reason could be that you have this "ghost" file remaining in Compiled/Data folder. The compilation logic is that it copies any files from Compiled/Data into actual build (this is how you may supply custom files too).

Unfortunately we still do not have a correct method to clean these folders automatically, because in theory user's custom file may have any name. Maybe this will be solved in the future. For now, if you change game name/binary name/folder it's better to manually cleanup everything that you do not need in Compiled folder (and all subfolders).

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 14/08/2019 20:03:09
Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 14/08/2019 19:08:15

Oh sh...

This might cause too much annoyance, so I quickly made a hotfix build, will release properly later:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xewpl73fj9jjxi9/AGS-3.5.0.15--hotfix.zip?dl=0

Also fixed: blinking room frame during transitions.

Fixed on my end!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cat

Beta5 crashes when auto-numbering speech lines. It happens when I tick "Identical voice for same line" and have two times character.Say() with the same text. When the text is slightly different it, doesn't crash.

Crash means the program gets stuck and I see the windows waiting cursor, can only force exit AGS via windows.

Edit: No, actually, it just crashed even with the line different...
Edit2: I reverted again, compiled all files and I was able to auto-number. No idea when or why the crash happened.

cat

The android port thread says that the latest version will be found here. However, in the first post I don't see a link to the apk.
It would be great to have a place where I can link in the readme to tell people where to download the engine.

bx83

Eureka - may have discovered the walkable area error.
1. I run the game in debug.
2. I edit one of the rooms, widening a walkable area.
3. save, but of course it doesn't save while game is running.
4. I close game, save everything, close the room, start running game in debug again.
5. The walkable area is now 100% all the way through, despite being 100% at bottom, 15% at top.

The problem could be with saving of the game while running.
Here is my room code with the wrecked walkable area. Let me know if you need anything else.
https://redrom.ltd/img/room11.zip

bx83

ps walkable area id 1 is the messed up area.

Slasher

Hi

Heap big problem..

Complied folder 4.63 GB

Trying to upgrade from Build 3.4.1.15 to 3.5.0 beta 6

I've downloaded the links and saved to Documents folder AGS350

Over wrote in main AGS folder with Hotfix files...

VC it says I have version installed (2017).

But I am unable to load AGS 3.5.0 BETA 6 and the 3.5.0  Logo opens and just sits there...

i need help...

I just get this error come up..

Crimson Wizard

@Slasher, something is wrong when reading AGS editor preferences. Morganw was there, maybe he should take a look.

Could you upload the referenced file "user.config"? The one with a long path mentioned on second error line.

Slasher

This is the config text..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
            <section name="AGS.Editor.Preferences.AppSettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <userSettings>

morganw

The file isn't valid as the lower section is missing. If you delete it and then try again, does that fix it?

Slasher

I can't find the flippin path file now!

Slasher

Yes... found config file.. deleted it... ags 3.5.0 now loads...  (nod)

Set compatabilty to 3.4.1

Game F5 playing ok.

do i need to change Script API version?

I notice a drop in volume...

Cheers Morganw/Crimson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk