AGS 3.5.0 - RC 5 (new upcoming version)

Started by Crimson Wizard, Tue 30/04/2019 20:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Sun 20/10/2019 19:51:49
Edit: I think I've found a bug: Open a room, edit one hotspot (draw a hotspot area somewhere), save the room, close it and open it again. The same hotspot I was editing before is selected, but the editing buttons don't show up in the tool bar.

I think I fixed this, temp downloaded link: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5954461637279744

robcolton

Quote from: morganw on Tue 15/10/2019 00:18:21
Quote from: robcolton on Mon 14/10/2019 23:24:18
My AGS folder is in my OneDrive documents folder, I'll try to pause OneDrive and exclude it from virus checking and see if that helps.
Also, Windows Explorer can accidentally lock the files whilst trying to look at the directory contents. So you could also try closing all Explorer windows which are displaying game directories.

Neither excluding the folder from Defender or disabling OneDrive fixed this issue. However, I changed the build settings so that it split into chunks of size 2. After I did that, it seems to run reliably every time.

cat

cat

I'm having trouble running my game on my phone now.

When selecting the game in the app I get an error message:

Loading game failed with error:
Script link failed.
Runtime error: unresolved import 'Character::Animate^6'

With previous versions I was able to copy the compiled game to the ags folder of my phone and run it from the AGS app. I really want to have the game run on my phone. Is there a new Android port that I can use? Or, can I alternatively step back to an older Beta of the IDE?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Sat 26/10/2019 21:25:53
With previous versions I was able to copy the compiled game to the ags folder of my phone and run it from the AGS app. I really want to have the game run on my phone. Is there a new Android port that I can use? Or, can I alternatively step back to an older Beta of the IDE?

There's a new APK, it was only recently put into automatic building, so not posted here yet: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4711696307847168

cat

There are 3 apks in the zip

• AGS-3.5.0.18-debug.apk
  • AGS-3.5.0.18-debug-unaligned.apk
  • AGS-3.5.0.18-release-unsigned.apk
Which is the one to use?

eri0o

I think debug unaligned is the one you want

cat

I was not able to install any of them  ???
After I say install there is a progress bar but then the message "App not installed"

eri0o

This is weird but apparently my phone can't download any of them. So I can't even try to install. I guess this is a bug on cirrusci website.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Sun 27/10/2019 20:06:24
I was not able to install any of them  ???
After I say install there is a progress bar but then the message "App not installed"

Try uninstall any previous versions, this helps sometimes (not always)

cat

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 27/10/2019 23:04:20
Try uninstall any previous versions, this helps sometimes (not always)
Ah, that worked. I was able to install the app and run the game - thanks!

Quote from: eri0o on Sun 27/10/2019 21:16:15
This is weird but apparently my phone can't download any of them. So I can't even try to install. I guess this is a bug on cirrusci website.
I think the mobile version of the page is somewhat broken. If you click the link on the right side of the apks folder, a zip will download.

Crimson Wizard

Update: AGS 3.5.0 - RC 3

Third release candidate.

Installer (testing out): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.19/AGS-3.5.0.19-RC3.exe
ZIP file: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.19/AGS-3.5.0.19-RC3.zip
(zip file now includes Linux pack too)
Android Launcher APK: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.19/AGS-3.5.0.19-debug.apk
Android native libs (for making your own APK): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.19/AGS-3.5.0.19-android-libs.zip

Changes since RC2:

Editor:
- Updated Splash screen taglines.
- Updated Welcome page, and links.

Engine:
- Fixed engine crashing with "division by zero" error if user set InventoryWindow's ItemWidth or ItemHeight to 0.
- Fixed Direct3D was not clearing black borders in fullscreen, which could cause graphical artifacts remaining after the Steam overlay, for example.

Also

Editor regressions and fixing new features:
- Fixed reloading a sprite at offset 0,0 from source bitmap which was a part of tiled import.
- Fixed special toolbar is not displayed when you load previously saved room and Hotspot or another area was the last selected item.

Dualnames

There's an issue with AGS playing sounds for Windows 7, is that a known issue? It has been happening for a while now, but I thought it was my own coding problem, turns out that is not the case.
I have a build that faulters for that, if u wanna try it out. I'm using SDLmixer for the majority of the sounds, which is not problematic, but I use AGS's sound engine for the inventory sounds, and whilst i ahve no issues on windows 8 or 10, it seems on Windows 7 (used by our artist and writer (I know! Why are they using win 7 still ROFLMAO)) the sounds don't play.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cassiebsg

Because win7 is better? :p
Anyway, I haven't noticed anything and I'm on win7... maybe I didn't noticed anything cause I didn't knew about a specific sound, so one can't miss what one does not expect. If you want me to give it a test run... you can just build a mini-demo with the sound that isnt' playing, if you don't want to send me everything.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 11/11/2019 18:37:31
There's an issue with AGS playing sounds for Windows 7, is that a known issue? It has been happening for a while now, but I thought it was my own coding problem, turns out that is not the case.
I have a build that faulters for that, if u wanna try it out. I'm using SDLmixer for the majority of the sounds, which is not problematic, but I use AGS's sound engine for the inventory sounds, and whilst i ahve no issues on windows 8 or 10, it seems on Windows 7 (used by our artist and writer (I know! Why are they using win 7 still ROFLMAO)) the sounds don't play.

There's not enough information to give an anwer. I personally was working on some game in 3.5.0 on Windows 7 (I also still use it)  only today and sound played. Perhaps give them other games to test (or make a dummy game for a test)? Or send your game to one of the developers to try out.

arj0n

AGS 3.5.0 - RC 3:

replace sprite(s) from source doesn't use the selected transparant color from a previous replace sprite from file action.

(if I remember correctly, the above was working in the v3 series)

Repro:
Spoiler

• Have 3 sprites imported using for each 3 the same specific color as transparant color.
  • Select 'replace sprite from file' for 1 of the imported files, now using 'leave as is' as transparant color.
  • Select the other 2 imported files and select 'replace sprite(s) from source' for both files.
  • The result is that only the first file has 'leave as is' as transparant color, the other two still have the original specific color as transparant color.
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: arj0n on Sat 16/11/2019 01:59:32
AGS 3.5.0 - RC 3:

replace sprite(s) from source doesn't use the selected transparant color from a previous replace sprite from file action.

(if I remember correctly, the above was working in the v3 series)

I don't remember how this worked earlier, but now "replace sprite from source" always uses remembered settings for each individual sprite. You may change these setting in the sprite properties, "Import" category.

Note also that you are mixing two unrelated operations here. "Replace from file" creates completely new sprite (on same slot) with completely new settings. "Replace from source" updates existing sprite, using that sprite's settings.

Crimson Wizard

Update: AGS 3.5.0 - RC 4

Fourth release candidate.

Installer (testing out): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.20/AGS-3.5.0.20-RC4.exe
ZIP file: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.20/AGS-3.5.0.20-RC4.zip
(zip file now includes Linux pack too)
Android Launcher APK: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.20/AGS-3.5.0.20-debug.apk
Android native libs (for making your own APK): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/releases/download/v.3.5.0.20/AGS-3.5.0.20-android-libs.zip

Changes since RC3:

Editor:
- Fixed "Script Compatibility Level" was not correctly set when importing projects made in AGS 3.4.* versions.
- Fixed autocomplete crashing with empty /// comments.

Script API:
- Deprecated "system" object (not System struct!).

Engine:
- Fixed Direct3D was slightly distorting game image in pixel perfect mode.

PS We wait until the end of next week and, if no new bugs are found, make final release.

bx83

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: bx83 on Sun 17/11/2019 02:09:09
But there are 187 open bugs...?

There are 187 open issues, part of which (62) are considered mistakes (others are suggestions and feature requests). But AGS had majority of these mistakes for a very long time. Most are old bugs which were not fixed yet. Some are internal code problems that are not noticeable by users. Fixing all of these would require more work, and we would have to postpone this release for another year or more.

This is why we divide problems into serious ones, that actually do not let people create and run their games, and those that may be avoided, ignored or have known workaround. The latter are left to be dealt with in the future versions. Some of these problems may even go away when we rewrite parts of code in the course of performing other tasks.

If you know specific problems that cause you trouble, and especially if they do not let you finish making your game, then please tell about them, and these will be addressed before this release, or in following patches.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk