Guard Duty - Now available on Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Thu 02/05/2019 18:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

It's here! Guard Duty is now available on Windows, Mac and Linux!

Available on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

AGS Database page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2344/

About Guard Duty

Guard Duty is a “Pythonesque” comedy adventure that spans two radically different time periods --
the cobbled streets of medieval Wrinklewood and the future dystopia of Neo London -- replete with
cheeky humour, stylised cartoon pixel art, and a story that blurs the lines between fantasy and sci-fi.

Tondbert, loyal Guard to the Castle of Wrinklewood, is having a rough day. A little too much ale at the local pub,
a lapse in judgement, and the next thing you know a hooded figure has slipped into the kingdom and kidnapped
the princess -- an event that will have consequences well into the future.

A thousand years later, in a small orbital station, Agent Starborn is a member of a resistance group embarking
on a last ditch effort to overthrow evil and take back the Earth -- a quest rooted in the depths of history.

Discover how these two playable characters' fates are intertwined and you might just save humanity in the process.

The game is fully voiced, features over 70 locations and has been developed by just two people!

If you like what you see you can purchase Guard Duty over on Steam now.  :]

Follow Us:

Web
Twitter
Facebook

Thank you all for your support over the years, I honestly couldn't have done it without you. Guard Duty was a true passion project, an idea initially conceived way back in 2006.

The game started life as a hobby project, something developed in any spare evening after work, since then I've changed job three times, been to three weddings and four of my friends now have children!

We've learnt so much throughout development and have truly grown as the game developed, after 4.5 years it's finally here. I can't wait to hear what you think of the game, thank you all for your support and words of encouragement.

Enjoy your time in Wrinklewood, don't forget to stop by the Drunken Monk.

AnasAbdin

Congrats man! So happy to be one of the first to play it :)

CaptainD

Congrats mate! I think the bar for top quality AGS games has  just been raised again.

dactylopus

Congrats on the release!  Eager to get into the game!

The Last To Know

Very happy you finally made it! Played until the second act today and I absolutely love it so far!  :grin:

josiah1221

Awesome, been looking forward to this for a while now. I love everything Python and it also gives a good Discworld vibe. Can't wait to jump in!

Chicky

Thank you all, it's been an absolutely crazy day. It's 2am here and I've finally finished getting all of our backer rewards sent out. To those that have already bought the game and left a review thank you!

We are currently sat in second place on the front page of Steam, in the 'New and Trending' list  ;-D

Bavolis

Congrats on the release! Everything about this one looks amazing.

CrashPL

Truly a delight to play, love it so far. :D Big congratulations on the release, man!

Chicky

Thanks for the kind words, you've all been so supportive! :) Everything seems to be going quite well so far.

Can I ask if anyone has purchased the game on Steam could you please leave a review after having played for a few hours. It would really help us to get more visibility in Steam's crazy search algorithms.

Many thanks x

Athanor

Quote from: Chicky on Fri 03/05/2019 17:46:29
Can I ask if anyone has purchased the game on Steam could you please leave a review after having played for a few hours. It would really help us to get more visibility in Steam's crazy search algorithms.

Many thanks x
Just did my civic adventuregamic duty and wrote one. ;)

xandmatt

Loved it so far - but have reached something in Act II which meant I couldn't advance and had to load an earlier save:
Spoiler
During Act II I ventured into the forest and then went to the exit that went up to the stone statue.

At that point it wouldn't let me go left or right and wouldn't let me leave because it said the knight was in trouble and something about Lauren's Ladder. Re-loaded, carried on right and met Lauren and got the ladder. On the way back it wouldn't let me go towards the statue at this point, Tondbert saying he wasn't going in unless he's sure the princess was there.

Not sure if that's an issue or not - but thought I'd better report it, just in case.
[close]

Chicky

Athanor: Thank you!

xandmatt: Tondbert is talking about the Knight in the web when he says he can't leave yet. You need to go back to the Spider's Nest  :)

StillInThe90s

Congrats on the release!
Are you still looking at alternatives to Steam release?

xandmatt

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 05/05/2019 01:28:28
xandmatt: Tondbert is talking about the Knight in the web when he says he can't leave yet. You need to go back to the Spider's Nest  :)

As I've played through (I've completed it - loved it). But:
Spoiler
This was before I even met Lauren and got the ladder to attempt to rescue the Knight from the woodworm. It wouldn't let me leave the screen in any direction.
[close]

Chicky

StillInThe90s: We're holding out for GOG at the moment, there's a chance they'll reconsider. There's a fan wishlist that has been created here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/guard_duty_a_point_click_adventure

xandmatt: Strange, that's not something that got picked up in our testing. Do you have a save file you could send me? Also happy to hear you loved it  :) Please leave a review on Steam if you can <3

The Last To Know

I finished the game within 4 hours. It was fun, but I wish it would have been a little longer.
The graphics and animations were very nice, I liked the humor in most parts and also enjoyed your voice overs.
Storywise it was okay, I think the final hour and the ending could have been a little more "twisted", maybe with an additional chapter within, were you play both characters at once.
And I was a little bit disappointed that there were no DOTT-like puzzles.

Nevertheless you did a really good job with the game!
I left a review on steam to recommend it and also recommended it at the adventure-treff.de community forums. :)
Good luck with the game, I hope it sells well and it gets accepted by gog.

Hope we see another "Sick Chicken" adventure in the future!  :-D

selmiak

StillInThe90s

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 05/05/2019 19:30:31
StillInThe90s: We're holding out for GOG at the moment, there's a chance they'll reconsider. There's a fan wishlist that has been created here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/guard_duty_a_point_click_adventure
Signed it. Best of luck!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk