King's Quest 4 3D remake Rosella portrait

Started by JStryker47, Thu 02/05/2019 22:15:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JStryker47

Hey, everybody.  Jack Stryker from UnicornTales here.

As you may know, we've been hard at work to finish Karen Soroe's King's Quest 4 3D remake project in her honor.  Currently, our new artist has been at work improving upon Rosella's talk portraits; which we'd been told needed some work.  This right here is the one he has recently offered us:

https://i.imgur.com/TFv3dyU.jpg

Personally, I think it's pretty good, but we wanted to show it to others and see what they think.  So, how about it?  Do you guys think it looks good, or could it use some improvement?

Jack

A subsurface scattering shader for the skin will add render time but you just can't beat the realism.

But it really all depends on the style of 3D everything else uses.

VampireWombat

If it's meant to be a male with pigtails, it looks good. If it's meant to be female, it needs a bit of softening of features. And the shading in places makes it look like a 5 o clock shadow, especially above the top lip.

Jack

Did you just not assume this sprite's gender...

VampireWombat

Cassiebsg

I was going to say the same as VW, it looks like a man with a wig to me too.  8-0
But I dodn't know enough anatomy to pin point how to fix it. But it just doesn't look like a woman to me.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

JStryker47

Ouch... well, thanks for the feedback, guys.  I'll relay it to the crew.  Anyone else who wants to offer their opinions is welcome.

Phemar

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 02/05/2019 23:03:05
Did you not read my first sentence?
Quote from: Jack on Thu 02/05/2019 22:59:03
Did you just not assume this sprite's gender...

I believe Jack was just making a joke...

Retro Wolf

I think RuPaul's DragQuest would make an excellent game.

Creamy

VampireWombat

Definitely better. Here's a few of my own tweaks to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk