Blank Project gui issues [SOLVED]

Started by Blano, Fri 03/05/2019 16:13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Blano

Hello Everyone,
i'm a new entry in this fantastic World, and i'm learning to code in Ags by reading the documentation and following various tuts.

Does anybody knows why my new Gui can't show the transparent violet? it happen when i create a GUI in a blank project but not using a template (sorry for my very bad english)

Cassiebsg

using blank template should have nothing to do with the GUI.

So what exactly happens when you display your GUI?
Is it suppose to show violet? be fully transparent? Be half-transparent? What color depth are you using and are you using a solid color or an image?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blano

Hello, thank you for your reply,
i show a very dark texture and every change i do to the trasparency and color does not cause any change (sry again),

i'm using a 1280x720 blank project in latest stable build of Ags, color depth:32bit

Cassiebsg

Okay, so you mean you have an image texture that you wish to make transparent?

Try setting transparency to 90% or more. Color and border have no effect when you're using an image as BG in a GUI.

If that doesn't help, then please take a screenshot so we can see what you mean.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blano

Ok how i can set bg transparency? Think in global script? And what if i set transparency and want to add a custom texture? Thx again

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Blano on Fri 03/05/2019 19:51:16
Ok how i can set bg transparency? Think in global script? And what if i set transparency and want to add a custom texture? Thx again

You may have both background image and transparency level.
In the editor, if you want an actual sprite, set "BackgroundImage".
If you want pure color, set "BackgroundColor".
Then set "Transparency" (0 - 100).

If you like to change them later in script, it's BackgroundGraphic to change sprite and Transparency to change transparency level. Yet there's no script command to change color in current version of AGS for some reason.

I am still not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve though.

Blano

ok guys i got it but i forgot to tell you that it's the textbox gui.. sorry! https://ibb.co/8XfdjPp this is my screen! thx again for your replies

Khris

It sounds like you want to have a Textbox GUI with a semitransparent background? In that case you need to forget about magic pink and use PNGs with alpha channels. As in, the transparency is actually part of the image, not inserted by AGS (using 255,255,0 as reference).

Once you import a sprite with alpha channel into a 32bit game, AGS will ask you about keeping the alpha channel. Now apply the sprites to the Textbox GUI and it should work.

Blano

sorry for my stupidity, i'm really new to ags but cannot understand..
it seems don't work to me.. here my entire process:

1 import a transparent sprite;
2 check transparency;
3 set as bg image in theright-side panel.. and the result is the img you see upon..

the strange fact is that it seems to work fine with any template but the blank project ;(
can be a rebuild from scratch of ags be helpful? thx as ever

Khris

What exactly do you mean by "check transparency"?

Confirm the message that you want to keep the alpha channel, then select "leave as-is" as the Transparent color in the import box.

Blano

think i have solved it! i ACCIDENTALLY  replaced the n:0 sprite that make the solid color of the textbox gui, causing my problem.. ok thank you guys!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk