[first look demo released!] Another Hero

Started by GwendolynYamashita, Mon 06/05/2019 16:57:09

Previous topic - Next topic

GwendolynYamashita

Hi everybody!

I'm happy to announce my current project with the working title "Another Hero"! It is my second project in AGS and this time with a completely original setting, story, and gameplay.

The game is set in a medieval fantasy world in which protagonist, the knight Sir George, wakes up to find his trusted knave to have disappeared together with all his belongings. Bewildered he sets out to find the truth behind that betrayal.

I made the first puzzle into a short first look demo (https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2345/), so you guys can get a feel for the story and the puzzle design!
Please bear in mind that a few things (especially interface and sound design) are still very rough!

I hope you'll enjoy!

Quick UPDATE on the production process!
I have been working less than I'd like on my game these past few months, but sometimes life hits you like a truck. Anyway, I'm still very much working on it and wanted to thank everyone for their unexpectedly super positive feedback! I have basically designed the puzzle structure for the following scene and am now working on the graphics and dialogues. Here are a few WIP pictures  ;-D

Frodo

Love those screenshots.  Looks gorgeous. 

Good luck with it.   :smiley:

Vincent

I liked the atmosphere within the shadows and the sound of the fire, the graphics and animations are really nice.

Shadow1000

Nice graphics and animation, especially the campfire! It was fun to play and get a feel for the game. Looking forward to the release.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

GwendolynYamashita

Whoa! Thank you guys for your kind and generous responses! Especially those concerning the art design. I'm very new to everything still and have a lot to improve in the art department, but am very glad that it isn't disliked!

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 06/05/2019 17:21:41
Love those screenshots.  Looks gorgeous. 

Good luck with it.   :smiley:
Thank You!  ;-D

Quote from: Vincent on Mon 06/05/2019 17:41:04
I liked the atmosphere within the shadows and the sound of the fire, the graphics and animations are really nice.
Thank you!  ;-D I'm glad the intended atmosphere came across!

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 07/05/2019 03:57:44
Nice graphics and animation, especially the campfire! It was fun to play and get a feel for the game. Looking forward to the release.

Thank you!  ;-D I'm looking forward to the release as well and am working really hard on it!

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 07/05/2019 04:43:22
Looks very atmospheric!!!
Thank you!  ;-D

Jojo_the_monkey

I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

lanchong

GwendolynYamashita

Quote from: Jojo_the_monkey on Tue 07/05/2019 15:42:16
Nice graphics, timeless aesthetic!
Thank you!  ;-D Of course Jojo the monkey would recognise the art design inspiration  ;)

Quote from: lanchong on Wed 08/05/2019 14:10:31
I love the demo. It's simply perfect.
Whoa thank you so much!  ;-D I remember you being very supportive of my first little AGS game "The Greenroom" as well! Thank you!

GwendolynYamashita

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 03/09/2019 10:19:41
Very nice art!

Thank you  ;-D! I'm struggling with art the most, so I'm glad it's liked!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk