MODULE: Floating Hotspot Label

Started by Calin Leafshade, Sun 09/02/2014 10:08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

I made a little module a while ago and lots of people have PMed me because the link went dead.

It shows a label next to the mouse cursor whenever the player hovers over an interactive space (hotspot/object/character).

I found it in Murder on the Titania so here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27247158/Modules/FloatingHotspot.scm

Here's the header. It's fair self explanatory.

SetSlideIn sets whether the hotspot should do the sexy slide in animation. On by default.
SetSpring sets whether or not the hotspot label should dampen the mouse movement. On by default.
I forget exactly what SetVerticalOffset does but I assumes its how much lower than the mouse the label should display. -5 by default.

Code: ags

managed struct FloatingHotspot 
{
  import static void SetMaxWidth(int width);
  import static void SetFont(FontType font);
  import static void SetColor(int color);
  import static void SetSlideIn(bool on);
  import static void SetSpring(bool on);
  import static void SetVerticalOffset(int offset);
  import static void UseGui(GUI *toUse);
  import static void UseOverlay();
};

Monsieur OUXX

OK but what does it do? What do you mean by "floating"?
In my head I picture a hotspot levitating up and down up in the air.

Snarky

Yes, wtf is a floating hotspot? And AGS hotspots are not visible, so what does it mean that it "slides in"?

Calin Leafshade

Err yea, sorry. I forgot that without the context of the original thread this makes literally no sense.

what i mean is that there is a floating hotspot *label* that follows the cursor when the mouse is over a hotspot/object/character.

I will update the OP.

Dualnames

"should do the sexy slide in animation" mhhhh...this module sounds hot. Regardless, thanks for sharing.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cat

The link is down. Does anyone have a mirror? Or is there a similar module around?

Slasher

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk