Tales of Jayvin

Started by Vincent, Mon 06/05/2019 18:12:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

THE GAME IS RELEASED!!
COMPLETED GAMES THREAD

SPAMFASTIC STUDIOS is proud to announce.
TALES OF JAYVIN
-------------------

Team Presentation:
------------------
At the ouset we approached the project with the intention of producing a fairly basic Role Playing Game, with the emphasis on defeating various creatures in battle. Now, nearly four years in the making, our game has developed into a far more ambitious RPG/Adventure/Puzzle Solving game and has surpassed our earlier expectations.

Vincent Cortese: Game concept, programming
Jason Ashenden (RetroJay): Graphics, programming, sound effects
Barbara Ashenden: Dialogs, stories, poems, additional game ideas
Daniel Kobylarz: Music, sound effects

The Story:
------------------
Jayvin an unlikely hero, if every there was one, stumbles into a portal and finds himself in the land of Naturnum. Unbeknown to him, his arrival has been expected. Evil forces, commanded by the Dark Lord, Arachemon, are wreaking havoc across the Universe. Only Jayvin has the power to fight these forces and put an end to Arachemon's reign of terror.

Some Screenshots:
------------------

Game Information:
------------------
AGS 3.2.1.
640X400 Resolution.
32-bit colours.
Direct Draw 5 graphics driver.
Keyboard and Controller support.
OSWindows Operating System.

Development Progress:
------------------
Story: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Sound/Music: 100%

Special Thanks:
------------------
Edmundo Ruiz - Tween Module
Snarky - Day/Night Cycle
Jerakeen - Particle System Manager
SSH & Dusk - EpicShadow
Steve McCrea - Lake Module
Khris - SmoothScrolling, Keyboard Movement
Wyz - Joystick and game controller plugin

Expected Completion Date: June 2019

RetroJay

Hi, all good peeps.
I really hope that you will all enjoy playing our game.
The expected completion date seems to be realistic as now we are nearing the end of testing.
An exact date should be very soon, all being well.

Yours.
Jay and Vincent.

BarbWire

Hi Vincent and RetroJay of Spamfastic Studios. Having had the privilege of testing your most excellent game ( touch of the Bill and Ted's there) I am very surprised that not one person has commented on The Tales of Jayvin. The sheer amount of effort that has gone into this game, over a four year period, is mind boggling. I don't think I would have the staying power. your programming and artistic skills were certainly put to the test. The four screenshots really dont do it justice. There is so much to this game that I found it totally absorbing and can't wait to play it again in a more relaxed manner. Best of luck with The Tales of Jayvin, you deserve it.

Mouth for war

This looks great!!! :D Awesome retrolook!
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

RetroJay

Hi, there, Mouth for war. :-D

Thanks, Buddy.
It's nice to see that someone has noticed our game. It seems to have been bypassed by most AGS'ers. :(
I hope that you will enjoy playing it. Not much longer now, just a little more testing.

Yours.
Jay and Vincent.

Retro Wolf

Looks interesting! Love it when people use AGS to make something a bit different to the usual adventure games.
Did you make a custom tiling system for the levels?

RetroLee

I love the look of this game and hope it is not too long before it is released.

RetroJay

Hi, BarbWire.

Sorry that I didn't reply to you yesterday. I don't know what I was doing.  :(
I replied to "Mouth for war" and totally forgot to reply to you... Don't ask me why because I don't know. (roll)
Thank you, ever so much, for your lovely comment. HAHAHA!... I love the "Bill and Ted-ism".  (laugh)
So happy to hear that you enjoyed testing our game. I must say that we were lucky to have such a great tester, as you.
Your bug reports and the strange things you noticed really helped in making our game even better.
I am so happy that you liked it enough to want to play the completed version.

Thank you for your help, it is most appreciated.

Yours.
Jay and Vincent.

RetroJay

Hi, Retro Wolf.

Long time, no hear. (laugh)
Glad that you think our game looks interesting. :-D
We have tried to implement about four different genres into one game, so we have Adventure, Rpg, Puzzle Solving and arcade. (laugh)
As for the tilling system... There wasn't one. (laugh) I just drew each room as you see them but all the rooms in our world do connect perfectly.
I hope you will enjoy playing "Tales of Jayvin" when it is released. (Not much longer now... I hope.) :-D

Your.
Jay and Vincent.

RetroJay

Hi, RetroLee.

I am glad to hear that you like the look of our game.
I hope you will enjoy playing the completed version.

Yours.
Jay and Vincent.

lorenzo

It always amazes me what people manage to create with AGS!
I like the clean style of the graphics and the mix of RPG and puzzle solving sounds intriguing.

Good luck with development!

Vincent

Hi, lorenzo.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I am really glad to hear that you like our graphics style and the mix of RPG with puzzle solving.
Regarding this, we also have some other surprises, lying in wait for you, when you play our game!  ;)

Once again... Thank you, all, for your kind words and for your support. It really means a lot, to us!
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, about our game, then please don't hesitate, to ask!

Vincent and Jay.

RetroJay

Hi, All Good Peeps.

SPAMFASTIC STUDIOS...
Is proud to announce that "Tales of Jayvin" is now available for Download. ;-D
Please click below to be taken to the Completed Games Thread.

We do hope that you will enjoy playing, as much as we have enjoyed creating our game.

Yours.
Jay and Vincent.

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on the release!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk